The Rainbow Bridge

Sleep well my old girl
bye2.gif

17167_417143420186_2289494_n.jpg

We lost Jinny just over 3 weeks ago- she was nearly 18 years old and had taken a turn for the worst. I was planning on taking her to the vets to end her suffering that day, but she took herself out in the night before and I never found her
sad.png
She was half feral and although it didn't surprise me that she did it, it didn't half upset me
sad.png

Man, last month was not a good month for pets
sad.png

I will begin by sayin i'm so sorry everyone for your losses.

A letter to little man 

Apollo,
I got you when you were 5 weeks old. The shelter was overflowing, I agreed to help out-then kept you. You were wild! Loved climbing, running, jumping and sleeping on our laps. I was so proud of you, showed everyone on here, and you won pet of the month! Proud mummy moment!
Remember when you got your head stuck in the cereal box? Everyone apart from you found it hilarious. You went in a sulk for hours! Or when you came back from the vet after THAT op-you didn't come near me for 2 days! I know, i'm rambling on.
It's been 6 months, it's time for me to find some sort of closure.  I still can't think about you without getting that lump in my throat and the blurry vision due to tears. We are unable to imagine humans are capable of such acts of malice. Unfortunately they are and I will never forget the day I received the call saying your body had been found. It tore me apart.
You will hate me for moving us to that rotten place. It was the ghetto and I am so sorry we ended up there. I had no choice. 
When I received the call I broke down, I had to put a brave face on for Rhianna. She kept asking where you were, I had to tell her you were away to stay with your mummy. She's only 3, she wouldn't understand. You followed her everywhere, sat on her lap, watched her when she played. She still asks about you, says you should come here for a holiday. God this is so hard. 
You helped me through our difficult period and for that I am grateful. I just wish you didn't have to pay the price. 
You will be happy to know I got Rhianna out of there, we are now in a better, safer place. I wish you were here, you'd love the huge garden and the peace and quiet.
Apollo, not a day goes by without me thinking about you and blaming myself for what happened. Once again I am so sorry. People can be so cruel if I knew beforehand what it was like I would never have moved us. Unfortunately, my crystal ball has never worked.
I have said my bit and now I need to go. Diesel will look after you up there. I know you're having a great time, chasing that ball, climbing trees. 
Until we meet again,
RIP little man 
rip.gif

bye2.gif

IMAG2676.jpg

sleepyboy.jpg

cosy.jpg

Shelster said:
NY82
sad.png
you have brought a tear to my eye xoxoxo

Thankyou for taking the time to read it xxx

This entire thread has brought tears to mine :(
I was boohooing like a baby writing that last night, but it's time to face it. Not move on as such but in a way find closure and try and let go of the guilt. In time I will tell my little one what happened. Right now she doesn't need to know. She thinks he's living with his mummy. I wish that were true 
sad1.gif

Ny82... That was beautiful and brought more than one tear to my eyes... I started full on crying half-way through reading that :( I'm so sorry! I managed to read the full thing with tears pouring out of my eyes. Can I ask what happened to him? Sorry if you don't want to talk about it though :( I understand.

Paradise<3 said:
Ny82... That was beautiful and brought more than one tear to my eyes... I started full on crying half-way through reading that
sad.png
I'm so sorry! I managed to read the full thing with tears pouring out of my eyes. Can I ask what happened to him? Sorry if you don't want to talk about it though
sad.png
I understand.

Thanks hun xx

I was moved to a really rough area and unfortunately he was shot with an air rifle 
sad1.gif
I just don't understand monsters like that. The part that eats away at me was I didn't even know. I had gotten anxiety, wouldn't leave the house because of the people living above me. It was the worst part of my life and had a huge impact on me. I am not the same, I had to get my girl out of there. We moved to our new flat but I just wish Apollo was here too sharing the happiness xx

Ny82 said:
Ny82... That was beautiful and brought more than one tear to my eyes... I started full on crying half-way through reading that
sad.png
I'm so sorry! I managed to read the full thing with tears pouring out of my eyes. Can I ask what happened to him? Sorry if you don't want to talk about it though
sad.png
I understand.

Thanks hun xx

I was moved to a really rough area and unfortunately he was shot with an air rifle 
sad1.gif
I just don't understand monsters like that. The part that eats away at me was I didn't even know. I had gotten anxiety, wouldn't leave the house because of the people living above me. It was the worst part of my life and had a huge impact on me. I am not the same, I had to get my girl out of there. We moved to our new flat but I just wish Apollo was here too sharing the happiness xx

Aww :( Cruel, cruel people! I remember someone near me rescued a little white kitten that had been put in a microwave and the microwave turned on! The other cruel thing is, the person who "rescued" the kitten then dropped it from a 5th floor balcony :(

That's awful,. what's wrong with people?

Ny82 said:

I know :( It was upsetting because the poor cat(it was technically still a kitten but looked more mature and cat like by the time it wash dropped from the balcony) had gotten to know me. I used to sit and stroke it outside when I was younger but one day it didn't come out and then me and my mum were going to the shop and saw it... It wasn't dead but had to be put down from the injuries as it had landed on concrete.

Paradise<3 said:

I know
sad.png
It was upsetting because the poor cat(it was technically still a kitten but looked more mature and cat like by the time it wash dropped from the balcony) had gotten to know me. I used to sit and stroke it outside when I was younger but one day it didn't come out and then me and my mum were going to the shop and saw it... It wasn't dead but had to be put down from the injuries as it had landed on concrete.
Poor thing, it's in a better place now. RIP little kitten.

RIP Dr Evil

you might not have had much character, but you were a sweet little pig and we'll all miss you :-(

Awe bless him, I used to have 9 pinny gigs running around my back garden, I had one lived up to the grand old age of 9 yrs, called Aramis and later batfink as he was bald on his back.

RIP Dr.Evil, what a fantastic name!

Thanks, Shelster.

'Pinny gigs', I love that, I'm going to call them that now ;)

My sons named her (yes, it was a girl
rolleyes.gif
 ); our other pig is called Fang!

RIP Fudgie, my first proper pet. We had 9 great years of fun and it's still weird not having you about the place. I'll never get another rabbit - nothing could really replace you.
cry1.gif

tumblr_mtp709em9v1s0off3o1_500.jpg

Condolences, Llegmore, gorgeous rabbit.

RIP, Fudgie :-(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back