The Python

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JawsA10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Originally I was looking at a gravel vac, but these pythons seem to be a better choice.

I have one question, since these pythons can add water to the tank, but cannot dechlorinate it (Thus putting the fish's lives in jeopardy) what is the point of this capability? If your going to siphon the tank, and add water to it, it needs to be ridded of chlorine.

Any idea on this?

Originally I was looking at a gravel vac, but these pythons seem to be a better choice.

I have one question, since these pythons can add water to the tank, but cannot dechlorinate it (Thus putting the fish's lives in jeopardy) what is the point of this capability? If your going to siphon the tank, and add water to it, it needs to be ridded of chlorine.

Any idea on this?
you out enough dechlor in to the tank for the fresh body of water i would over dose a little then fill up

and a fish exposed to chlorine for 5 minutes isnt life threatening unless its pure or in higher concentrations.

Yes, a lot of members here with big ones (tanks, that is) put the dechlorinator straight in the tank then add water.

The chlorine is more likely to damage the bacteria in your filter (after all that is it's main reason for being there) but as your filter should be off when topping up then no problem :good:

Also remember that the dechlorinating action is almost instant, just a little stir is needed and it's done.

Really? I guess I'm a bit behind on that. I read in a book that it took 10minutes for the dechlorinator to work. I had a hard time believing that, and now I see my doubts were correct. =P

In any case, the proper temperature would be a problem as my aquariums are only accessible to a garden hose. :lol:

Lord knows the temperature would be way if if I used the siphon to fill it up, thus stressing the fish out from wacky temps. =X

Really? I guess I'm a bit behind on that. I read in a book that it took 10minutes for the dechlorinator to work. I had a hard time believing that, and now I see my doubts were correct. =P

In any case, the proper temperature would be a problem as my aquariums are only accessible to a garden hose. :lol:

Lord knows the temperature would be way if if I used the siphon to fill it up, thus stressing the fish out from wacky temps. =X

I use Seachem Prime and add a double dose before the fill, works well. Temp wise I generally fill with warm but when filling from teh cold tap I find that you just need to find out a suitable amount to replace without dropping the temp too much. The python makes it so easy that you can do less more often and thus prevent temperature problems.

Great bit of kit, changed my life!

Iain

Yes, I have a Python and do the same thing as above with Seachem Prime. For me, one of the best pieces of their product was getting the brass adapter that fit my specific bathroom sink faucet. I also lucked out in that said sink faucet is a single lever affair where the hot/cold mix is adjusted by rotating the lever left/right and the flow rate is up/down. I can sit a cup of tank water on the sink counter and move my hand back and forth, matching the cup water to the tap mix and then when I turn off the flow, the hot/cold adjustment stays fixed. I then hook up the Python, check the tank end and just lift the faucet lever, knowing the perfect matching temperature will now fill the tank. The whole operation is extremely fast (only thing faster was when I was a kid and our science class aquariums had hot/cold taps plumbed straight into the aquariums! :lol: )

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back