The New Guys - Discus!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
Wahookie! I am SOOOOOO excited! I have always loved discus, before I even knew what they were, and before I was into fish. Of course that means I've always wanted them too.... :D They're soooo pretty. And now... *drumroll* I HAVE SOME! Well... they are at Chris' house, but I still claim them as half mine :p. I'm soooooo excited, they're absolutely gorgeous. Names are Barbosa and Boostraps... (yes I'm still heavily into the pirate thing, that movie rocks!)

Here is Bootstraps (oooooo good pic Christopher!!! :wub: )

Attachments

• discus1_1.JPG
    discus1_1.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 70
And here is Barbosa... pardon the eye, he came that way. Hehe.... all he needs is a pirate's eyepatch now. I'll be sewin that tomorrow.... :lol:

Attachments

• discus2_1.JPG
    discus2_1.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 61
ohhhhh :wub: what beautiful babies :wub:

and the photos are very special too :kewlpics: FOTM for...........(difficult to decide they are both so good).........1st pic :cool:

can we have more pics please :D

sue

That really convinces me to get discus - I'll FOTM the second pic! :D

Cute little guys!
They looked like they were treated with hormones (Big eye- Small body) :/

very nice.

I thinks they are just small limpingfish ;)

ste :)

They are still babies indeed, only around 2-2.5" each......more aggressive than I thought they would be as well....they sure do like bloodworms!!! :hyper:

I like the first one best. I've always liked them too. I almost bought them for my first fish :eek: Luckily I read first and figured out that they are difficult to take care of. Maybe some day....

I want Chris and Julie to adopt me.

wuvmybetta said:
aaaawww (again)

Where ya keeping them fm, in their own tank?
Right now they are in the 45 with rams and kribs, the temp of the tank is 85-86F....and they seem to love it....also as before mentioned, they are pretty aggressive for discus and seem to have no problems with the other fish as of yet...very very friendly little guys too, always at the front of the tank waiting for food :D

Chris :hyper:

I love cleaning tanks! I do mine to calm me down after a long day of screaming kids and irritating husband. I really really really want Discus. How big of a tank do I need for a pair?

edit: I may get some for a moving in present for myself when I move....

aaaww, I saw a pic of your 45 with them in it (I think,I'm going to look again) they're too precious :wub: :wub: :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back