The Nano of the Nano Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

I Like Rare Fish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a 2.5G tank which I will be putting a singular peppermint cherry shrimp. The Aqua scale will be fine black sand with a black river rock, plants, and a small piece of driftwood. It’s just something fun to do. What plants could be in there?

Sounds cool :) I really like nano tanks when they have an just one big rock in. I'd plant it pretty simply with some small crypts like Alibida Brown, Parva and Willisii around the rock and them some Limnophilla Sessiflora at the back.

Wills

Thanks for replying! I’m currently treating a Flagfish with popeye in the tank right now, so unfortunately it will be a little until I plant it. Also, can I have a Moss Ball in there as well?

Thanks for replying! I’m currently treating a Flagfish with popeye in the tank right now, so unfortunately it will be a little until I plant it. Also, can I have a Moss Ball in there as well?
A thats understandable good choice on having a QT tank!

Moss balls are great and easy to keep but be careful in the US as there are problems with them being contaminated by Zebra Muscles which are really really invasive and can bust up your homes pipes. I'd personally give them a miss for now. You could look at other types of moss though like Java, Xmas or Flame which you attach to rocks and wood. Even if you wrapped it around some small pebbles it would give a similar (and IMO better) look than the moss balls. You can even grow it on polystyrene balls with an anchor to make a cool floating effect :)

Wills

Java moss is always good! Moss balls just give it a different texture I enjoy.

My vision is very fine black sand, a singular black river rock in the corner. A small piece of driftwood as well with accent volcanic rocks. Then I have a lot of plants in the back. Could I have Süßwassertang on driftwood? It’s just a matter of finding plants that won’t overgrow this setup!

Yeah Subwassertang would work meant to be quite easy to grow just slow. It can sometimes be a bit hard to track down so you might have to order online.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back