The Marmite Debate

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Do you hate or love Marmite?

• Total voters
@PheonixKingZ

How very dare you..???. On your side of the water you put peanut butter AND jam in a sandwich...??
But no...they don't! They don't have jam, they have 'jelly'...and imagine a peanut butter and Chivers sandwich. That'd be even weirder.
A 'jelly' donut has jam in it and not jelly...what a disappointment that was.

And, to be fair, their peanut butter was much, much sweeter than our Sunpat stuff and the stuff I tried was called Jif...our Jif wouldn't make much of a sandwich, with or without jam or jelly.

In Mexico, I once dared a person to swallow one teaspoon of hot mustard for $1. He did it and regretted it as he gagged and then downed lots of water afterwards.
Reminds me of the American Dad episode where Stan was trying to dominate Roger (the alien). Stan ate a jar full of horse radish and suffers for the rest of the show. :)

But no...they don't! They don't have jam, they have 'jelly'...and imagine a peanut butter and Chivers sandwich. That'd be even weirder.
A 'jelly' donut has jam in it and not jelly...what a disappointment that was.

And, to be fair, their peanut butter was much, much sweeter than our Sunpat stuff and the stuff I tried was called Jif...our Jif wouldn't make much of a sandwich, with or without jam or jelly.
Except I use natural peanut butter... Jif has additives

I used to eat it by the spoon when I was younger, and wound up stripping all my tastebuds every. Single. Time! It was worth it, though!
Dude, that's hardcore 😳

I don’t know what kind of monster eats marmite and enjoys it. I tried it once, and let’s just say a cockroach might be more palatable

In Mexico, I once dared a person to swallow one teaspoon of hot mustard for $1. He did it and regretted it as he gagged and then downed lots of water afterwards.
My dad could do that easily. He loves that stuff.

I found American mustards (ie the stuff slathered on burgers and hotdogs), rather mild and very much akin to the French or German mustards. All of these I can quite happily scoff down. That said, I do have trouble with English mustard, which is significantly hotter than any of the aforementioned.

No, you don't mess with the Colmans...guaranteed to knock your block off

Marmite is a very different product from Vegemite and taste quite differently. The Vegemite is brewers yeast extract, but tempered with added extras, such as vegetables and spices.
Marmite is the raw real deal. ;)

No, you don't mess with the Colmans...guaranteed to knock your block off
I recall a visit by an American bud, who slapped a load on a hotdog before I could stop him and whacked it in his mouth.
He was a somewhat surprised chap and not a very happy bunny for quite some time afterwards.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back