The Latest Fashion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Crazy fishes

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys, 

I was just watching my tank when I notice my tuxedo urchin had picked up a colony of dragon eye zoa on a frag plug. It is the strangest sight and it is hard to believe how large somethings that they pick up can be. Anyone else seen things like this?

Kindest regards

I've not personally had an urchin but ive seen them so covered in corals you cant see them from above!!!

Crazy little things lol

The various collector urchin species are notorious for picking up corals and sometimes other animals like snails and hermit crabs. I had one such urchin (although a different collector species, not a tuxedo) even go so far as to carve rock out from around a frag to bypass an enormous amount of glue I'd used specifically to thwart the urchin. Collector urchins will also sometimes attempt to pick up things that are too large for them to carry, so make sure your rocks are securely in place as they can actually injure themselves that way.

I had to take it off of him as I really want the zoa garden to take off but it won't if I allow disrespect like that.. He has settled for chaeto and coral sand which is also pleasing to me. I wonder if they try to pick up fish ever?? I will keep my eyes peeled.

Kindest regards

saw a pic tonight of an urchin with a mushroom, 5 heads of zoas and some pulsing xenia haha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back