FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So last night I was looking for my pleco in my new 29g tank. I couldn't find him, so I started to worry, for some reason I had the crazy though that he was inside of my filter (The area where you put the media) and sure enough he was right there sucking on the cartridge. First of all, how on earth could he have climbed up and out of the water just to hide in the filter and secondly is he going to be ok? He seemed fine, but I didn't know if the carbon had an effect on him. I will try to upload a picture of where he was. (Just to get an idea of where he was, I have the Tetra 2-10g 2 stage filtration filter.)

Pleco can live out of water for over 6 hour (if he had water on his gill),cover all the holes even out of water because pleco can climb.o_O btw how do you tell the dofferences between male and female plec?

And the toughest pleco can live out of water for over 30 hours.

Wow, I didn't know that! (Idk, I'm just assuming it is a he, lol)

On bristlenose Plecos the males have bristles in their face once they reach maturity. The female may have a couple but not like the males. I had a missing pleco once and found him in the same type filter. His barbs were stuck in the cartridge media and I had to work each one loose. Ouch to him and my fingers! Ever felt those barbs? Anyway, he’s still going strong and that was several years ago.

Wow, I didn't know that! (Idk, I'm just assuming it is a he, lol)
It happens to my friends pleco lol. His pleco is in the bucket with plastic plants because he’s too lazy to do it so he dont know pleco climb in there.

On bristlenose Plecos the males have bristles in their face once they reach maturity. The female may have a couple but not like the males. I had a missing pleco once and found him in the same type filter. His barbs were stuck in the cartridge media and I had to work each one loose. Ouch to him and my fingers! Ever felt those barbs? Anyway, he’s still going strong and that was several years ago.
What about normal plec?

Ok, then he's a male. I just found it weird that he was in there! It took me literally 20 minuets to net him from my 10g to my 29g.

Here is a picture of mine...
D4248A62-C54E-4C0D-A4EA-4C75BD79A7BB.jpeg

1AB3D6A7-C833-4F1C-9E14-D803BA1C2099.jpeg

So, hat do you think? Male or female?

Yes, very young. He is about 2 inches long. What is their max. length?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back