The Hybrids Have Hatched!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

this is cool, how old are the 2 remaining fry now?

You know with a lot of people saying cross breeding is bad, well it must happen in the wild. If it happens in a tank. I dont see the difference. Or does it not happen as readily in the wild?

They are 3 months old now and only about half an inch. One in particular is much bolder already and comes out quite a bit - the adults completely ignore them, which is a good job. I suspect the Syno's polished the other fry off when they were first released by their mum.

I don't like the idea of hybrids in the trade but in peoples own private tanks - not even an issue. :good:

I don't like the idea of hybrids in the trade but in peoples own private tanks - not even an issue. :good:

same here

I follow this rule too. As long as you keep them in yours or other responsible hobbyists tanks. Then no problems. Keep us updated!!! I don't have any africans (yet) but love seeing threads and posts about them :D

I'll see if i can get some pics this weekend. :good:

OK finally got a couple of pics of one of the babies - only on the camera phone and had to use 20x zoom so apologies for the quality.

28052007011.jpg

28052007010.jpg

28052007009.jpg

I don't know where the yellow comes from when the dad is black and blue and the mum is albino. :lol:

I expect the colouration to change as they grow though.

It will certainly be interesting - i'll try and keep updated pics coming - particularly when there is substancial growth/change. :good:

They are 3 months old now and only about half an inch. One in particular is much bolder already and comes out quite a bit - the adults completely ignore them, which is a good job. I suspect the Syno's polished the other fry off when they were first released by their mum.

Cool, nice pics, maybe it will turn out to be half albino?

have you ever heard of hybrids in the wild? Or seen any on the web or wherever?

cheers chish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back