The funniest thing you've ever seen your fish do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

notice a lot of stories revolve around food? :p

I find it hysterical when my 2" killi (if that) decides to put an entire shrimp pellet in his mouth and munch on it for 5 mins, spewing shrimp particles all over the place, and the tetras and cories eat the particles.

The cories do too many funny things to list.

mine would be when i feed my sinking pellets (for the RTS and clowns) the neons love them and its so funny to see then catch when they fall and are halfway down in the water and try to swim off with them, its really funny coz they dont get very far coz the pellet is far biger than thier mouth, but they do try to do so every day!

And feeding live blood worm is such a laugh i dont know how many times, well it is everytime there are so many collisions between fishes, especailly the rainbow fish in an attempt to catch the worm, they seem to dart each from his own corner!

Though my dianos i find ammusing, i have 6 zebra and 6 lepord print, it is so amussing to watch them play their game to tag, however they do distress the rainbows coz they swim circles around them, they dont know whether there coming or going

I've got a Betta in a 2.5 gallon hex tank that had a small UG filter in it. I've taken the airstone and hose out of the tank but left the tube in. So the other day I was watching the fish swim around and as he passed by the tube he paused to peer down in it. I was like "you best not be thinkin' what I think you is a thinkin'" and he's like "I think I want to take a trip down that there hole." With relief I watched him pass the tube by, letting go his dreams of adventure.

About 15 bong-rips later (writer's embellishment) I was going to the kitchen to get something to eat and to my horror I saw Tron's(the Betta) body suspended halfway down the tube. I thought he was stuck for sure because his fins were all bunched up/flush to his body. I didn't know what to do. If I picked up the tube he may get crushed by the gravel or at best end up in a very messy tank after being beaten by gravel. I stared on wide-eyed as Tron kept swimming and when he reached the bottom of the tube, miraculously, he was able to flip around. He swam up to the top of the tube and paused with half of his body still in the tube. Head out, tail hanging down. I almost peed my pants!

It's now one of his favorite places to hang out. I just hope he doesn't get too big for the tube.

when my kuhli loach was in my 25 tank my dad calle dhim the nascar loach because he would swim like crazy in circles for about 5min the take a break he would follow the same line everytime and would bank on the corners and had to take his pitstops to refuel

Either when my puffers play follow the leader or when they hunt snails and their eyes go all cross-eyed :X

finius said:
to my horror I saw Tron's(the Betta) body suspended halfway down the tube. I thought he was stuck for sure because his fins were all bunched up/flush to his body. I didn't know what to do. If I picked up the tube he may get crushed by the gravel or at best end up in a very messy tank after being beaten by gravel. I stared on wide-eyed as Tron kept swimming and when he reached the bottom of the tube, miraculously, he was able to flip around. He swam up to the top of the tube and paused with half of his body still in the tube. Head out, tail hanging down. I almost peed my pants!
:rofl: too funny. think i would have almost peed my pants too :lol:

haha my ballon molly trying to race my silver molly to the female molly. quite funny

i finger fed my oscars,stick pellets, took my eye off the ball for one second and they had my finger...frightend the hell out of me, but everyone in the room nearly died laughing :huh:
now that we know they will let us feed them like that, my 4 year old does it too ( fellow fishkeeper) and he rips laughing, Jambo and Buddie dont mind one bit they keep coming back for more ( we finger feed 2 or 3 then put the food in the tank) they really are fantastic fish and we love them to bits, nothing is too much effort where they are concerned, when i sit on the sofa they sit at that end of the tank, when the tv goes on they move to the other end to watch it :rolleyes: :lol:
shelagh xxxx

Only recently, the funniest thing I saw was my tiny panda cory trying to take a floating pellet off the surface. It was about half the size of him, and he would just shoot to the surface try to grab it before shooting back to the bottom, he did this for about 15 minutes before he gave up. I'm sure he broke surface, which is mighty impressive for a cory!

Also, my male dwarf Gouramis played angler fish the other day. I was looking at his bubble nest when he popped out from underneath it, and spat water over the tank at me! It landed on the light transfromer so I wasnt best pleased, but I got a shock! Do you think he was protecting it?

Jonathan

one of my dwarf puffers swims into the filter current, and is pushed along, tail over head, spinning loads. when he's out the current, he hovers for a few seconds looking dazed, and them swims up by the filter again and away he goes. :lol:

My fish have a weird love-hate thing with the net. I'm halfway through moving them all to their new tank, and while they're in the 30 gallon (which is now undecorated and has maybe 4 inches of water in it), they'll do anything to stay out of the net. Once they're in the 55, they don't want to leave the net, and will swim back in it.

I just chased my cories around for ten minutes, and managed to net two of them. It took a few seconds to coax them out of the net in the other tank, and when I brought the net back and dipped it in the water, I discovered I'd brought a danio back to the first tank.

The funniest thing I ever saw was in my sons shrimp tank. He threw in a few peas and one of the shrimps grabbed one and tried to climb the ornament he has in there. Its about 12" high and this shrimp was trying his best to climb this thing backwards with a huge pea in his claws. We must have watched him struggle for a couple of minutes. He was just at the top when he dropped the pea! You could almost hear him say 'Dammit!!!' :lol:

i had an apple snail a few year back and it swam in the path of the air stone and the bubbles kept lifting him up and down, lsted about 5mins before he got out!

I was moving my saltwater tank and I pulled out a piece of rock with the Bicolor Blenny in it and I kept dipping it in the water so that he would just pop out and eventually I put it up to my face and all I see is his eyes looking straight out then a stream of water hits me right in the face. He basically just spit right in my face for moving the tank

Possibly the funniest story ever.

Most reactions

Back