The Forgotten Valley - 60l

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thanks, i need a better camera though1

here it is:

P10103412.jpg

that is the only problem, someone suggested switching the microsorum & HM around, but i like it where it is, i might go with crypt balanse, vallis grows to fast :hyper:

I have just got 8 black neons, when in the sop i thought there would be enough but now they are in the tank they lookk tiny :rolleyes: I will be getting another 8 i think, great fish.

I have euthanised the endlers because they were deformed and were not suitable to sell on or take back etc. I use the ice cold water method, went much better than expected, soon as they touch the water they instantly knocked out, i was worried i were going to do it wrong :crazy:

some half decent photos:

P1011711.jpg

P1011712.jpg

It is really excellent, very beautiful, the black neons look very nice and have a superb home to live in.
:good:

The tank looks great! Lush looking healthy plants. Planting the hc and keeping it all trim is long, but its worth the work as your tank shows. :good:

Tanks guys, i love the black neons, they are very active, and very quick!

I forgot to say i added some vallis nana to the back left corner, it hasnt started to grow much yet but it is already an improvment.

Lush looking tank Aaron, so that's what HC should look like when it's taking off-you're tank's an inspiration thanks for putting up

Lush looking tank Aaron, so that's what HC should look like when it's taking off-you're tank's an inspiration thanks for putting up

thanks, i will try to get a close up although my photography skills aren't great lol!

pictures :)

I have spread the microsorum pteropus 'narrow out onto a large piece of driftwood i had, i didnt realise how big it had got! It was huge. i feel much happier with it now, the transition from background to midground is much better. When the vallis nana starts to grow up the back in the left corner i think it will look great.

P1011718.jpg

P1011719.jpg

Another update:
P1011662.jpg

P1011659.jpg

Again i havent cleaned the tank for 3 weeks, and this time i started to get a small amount of algae, and i also noticed that i have got a lot of organic matter under my HC - probably the cause of Algae

P1011674.jpg

P1011679.jpg

The HC has needed a good trim for a few weeks now. It is the most growth i have had from all my plants for some reason, so today i literally hacked away at the hemanthius micranthemoides, making quite a mess of it but i couldnt really help it.

P1011685.jpg

P1011680.jpg

I also planted some more stems to the right, which i will be graduallly sloping down towards the side. I also started to trim my HC but the underneath had already strated to turn yellow, so i decided to rip the whole carpet up. I also thinned out my P.Helferi. This will be creating a ammonia spike, so i did a 80% w/c and i will do more 50% w/c for the next couple od days to make sure i dont get any algae. I will also replace the HC tommorrow (it is sitting in a bucket at the moment)

P1011661.jpg

P1011667.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back