The fish we caught today....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

freshmike

©µ®¦§‡Ø¶=€®
Reaction score
Well, we went fishin' today, and this is what we caught.....5 northern pike, AKA, "freshwater shark". :D They's cookin' right now! :D

Attachments

• bryan_monsters.JPG
    bryan_monsters.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 95
....and here is the toad that my cat caught and brought to me.... :p

Attachments

• s_toad.JPG
    s_toad.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 85
whoa! they thing's huge!
well done on the catch :D

DD

the only pike i catch are jack pike about 4 to 5 pounds in weight.

nice pics :D

nice pike fm. i'm supposed to go do some pike fishing this summer...i think it's about the only fish in alaska that there is no limit on catching them.

good catch, but i cant stand eating thoses fish. The only time i will eat them are during ice fishing when the water is COLD. In the summer they have a bad taste to them. but thats my opinion. But very nice size "snakes"

Dwarf_Dude - Thanks man!

cometcattle - We were using these "Storm" hooks, they are rubber with the hook in them, and they have a lot of weight to them, they come in a pack of 6 for about 6 dollars CAN. Also, in a month (a little less) we are heading up to Tobin Lake, there are some awesome walleye up there, much better than pike IMO (less bones) but no where near the thrill of the fight! :p

HotStuffGal - Yes, it was AWESOME eatin', fed 4 of us and there are still two fish in the freezer. :D Also, my kitty DOES love me. :wub: :)

guppy_man - Yeah, we also call them Jackfish. :)

CTS - No limit? Wow, that would be cool, must mean there are A LOT of them there....good luck! :)

wwestar2000 - Yeah, I was surprised too....the first things he brought in were birds, 2 dead ones...and then about a week ago, he brought one in that wasn't (or didn't seem to be) hurt at all, the toad is doing fine, a girl that was here when he brought it in took him home....and is going to keep him. :)

Thats not a toad, its a frog ;)
Massive fish you got their but i don't find the whole fishing sport very appealing after keeping pet fish, it just seems such a shame to me....I wonder how old those fish are?

Very Nice Catch, I used to "hunt" for those in Up-State NY when I lived there. Ever catch one on a fly rod, now that is fun, I used to hook into them on Great Sacandaga Lake near Saratoga Springs. It was like holding onto a live wire as someone plugged it in to the outlet.

We have tons that rattle, but none that light up as of yet.... -_-

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back