The first black face budgie...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I've kept and bred birds (parakeets, parrots, finches, weavers, diamond doves and zebra doves) starting when I was 12 up till my 27th.
Well, you never know what kind of wonders can happen. And a red budgie can be bred some day...
While there is apparently no, what would be considered true red budgies, there are budgies that have a lot of red feathers. The question would be if the following images are natural or if the birds are died red... or if they are actually budgies...

OcccIP.jpg

dgsdgOIP.jpg

While there is apparently no, what would be considered true red budgies, there are budgies that have a lot of red feathers. The question would be if the following images are natural or if the birds are died red... or if they are actually budgies...

View attachment 313020

View attachment 313021
Rosellas like these do have red. But they ain't budgies. I had Stanley Rosellas in the past.

Rosellas like these do have red. But they ain't budgies. I had Stanley Rosellas in the past.
Thanks for the info. :) As I indicated in my previous I DID sort of wonder if they were really budgies.

So I did a quick search for 'Stanley Rosellas'. Looks like they are actually small parrots but I only looked at the one article linked below. I could live with those critters but it is probably a moot point as I'm 68 and my cockatiel is 4-5. It is possible that the pest cockatiel could out live me. And yes, if I keeled over today, arrangements have been made as to the pest having a new home. ;) LOL! With my skull exploding due to a head cold keeling over doesn't sound all that bad right now. ;)

While there is apparently no, what would be considered true red budgies, there are budgies that have a lot of red feathers. The question would be if the following images are natural or if the birds are died red... or if they are actually budgies..
I've read the link and I do have to say that the author is not putting it clear. A budgie (or budgerigar) is a type of parakeet. There are lots more parakeet species. And a red budgie doesn't exist yet. He's describing a total other parakeet. Cinnamon (brownish of color) budgies come most close to red in comparison tp black, grey, blue and green winged pattern. Blue and green pattern on the wings, head and back are rare. But I had them once in a nest. The father was a dominant blue pied yellow face budgie and the mother was a recessive cinnamon pied budgie. Just one nest had these blue and green pattern on the back and wings. But they turned out to be weak.
I've kept and bred budgies and other birds ever since my 12th up till my 27th.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back