The Esaiest Oddball

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ghostknife

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have just bought 6 Blind cave characins they are so funny they eat anything and are really cool to watch. Anyone else own any of these?

because i highly recommend them to someone who wants an oddball bit doesn't have much room

Bline cave tetras/characins are not oddball, they belong in the forum below this one...but yes, i agree, they are quite...different :fun:

its cool wen u get them as babys cuz they still have eyes and then as they get older they lose them. i would recomend having lots of plants and rocks so that the cave fish can feel their way around.

I really like these fish, but they are illegal in Wyoming. I guess I could "bootleg" 'em in from Colorado, but unfortunately I'm too morally pure :rolleyes: :rofl:

Well blind cave fish are indeed shoaling fish and as it has been mentioned they do eat just about anything. they do have eyes when they are youngsters and gradually lose them as a layer of skin grows over them. Freaky huh? From personal experience these guys can be somewhat......aggressive when they are larger. :/ It may be worth considering that they be kept with fish of at least the same size are larger. As these fish search for food by scent and disturbances in the water they can not distinguish effectively what makes a good meal or not, these cans can sniff out a minor cut or tear on a fish and constantly worry the wound and make it far worse than what it actually is and can turn the most minor thing in to a full blown catastrophe. :crazy: Well thats my personal experience and i must say it put me off them but i must admit it would be interesting to raise them in an environment that would replicate their natural experience. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back