CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
2x Tank of the Month🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
... look how tiny her head is compared to her body haha

20200429_175645.jpg

Shame i named them all after noodle types. She is more like a sausage!

have to say, when I saw the title or the thread I was the most confused I think I have ever been (apart from when I lost my memory lol)

Adorable! Do you have any more pics?
She is my only female p seminica, the rest are all boys. Shes also the most shy of the kuhli group so i dont often see her.

But i do have other kuhli and other loach photos!

I got about 15 total... pangio seminica, pangio oblonga, pangio cf oblonga, pangio doriae, and an unknown possible pangio superba. Of all 15... only 3 are femalel

Another photo of miss aquatic sausage (btw shes just actually gravid, hence the fat green belly)
20200305_124606.jpg

Pangio doriae...
20200317_132800.jpg

Pangio seminica and pangio cf oblonga
20200119_061536.jpg

Pangio seminica
20200108_153904.jpg

20190713_085735.jpg

Pangio oblonga
20200123_175932.jpg

Pangio cf oblonga
20191112_155727.jpg

The oddball pangio. Note the black belly--seminica do not have bands around the entire body. Heart shaped yellow spots.
20200330_160710.jpg

Long ago I had one, that is back in the "dark ages" of my knowledge. I had him in my 55 gallon tank for about 3 months, then one of my daughters brought home 8 African cichlids which in a short time took over the tank. I had to remove all my other fish except a pleco. I thought I had lost my loach since the cichlids were breeding and being aggressive. A couple of years latter after I had gotten rid of all those cichilds. I was cleaning out the tank and there in the pea gravel was my loach safe and well. He lived another 2 years.

Long ago I had one, that is back in the "dark ages" of my knowledge. I had him in my 55 gallon tank for about 3 months, then one of my daughters brought home 8 African cichlids which in a short time took over the tank. I had to remove all my other fish except a pleco. I thought I had lost my loach since the cichlids were breeding and being aggressive. A couple of years latter after I had gotten rid of all those cichilds. I was cleaning out the tank and there in the pea gravel was my loach safe and well. He lived another 2 years.
They are extremely good at hiding and very crafty at getting in small spaces.

I have a hollowed piece of driftwood in my tank, all 15 wedge themselves under it.

Though see miss sausage up there? Shes given me a fright swimming into my filter through the OUTTAKE. Imagine my shock when i find something swimming inside my filter when i went to clean it out!

After thinking about it, in my local fish stores I don't ever remember even seeing kuhli loaches for sale. I have seen other types of loaches like yoyo loaches, maybe I just missed them somehow.

ohhh boy! what happens next? Also, what kind of sand is that?
I could wish for babies but loaches rarely breed in captivity, 99% of them are wild caught.

As for the sand, its play sand.

After thinking about it, in my local fish stores I don't ever remember even seeing kuhli loaches for sale. I have seen other types of loaches like yoyo loaches, maybe I just missed them somehow.
The striped ones aren't easy to get locally where I'm at, the black ones (pangio oblonga) are most common. I had to order my striped kuhlis online (theyre pangio seminica). I also have pangio doriae, pangio anguillaris, and pangio pan 04
Theyre not easy to spot in store as they are nocturnal and often hide. So you'd have to ask or really check all labels on the tanks lol the tanks at the stores always look sold out because theyre always buried under the plants or gravel

i've got 4 of these pangio seminicas and one big pango oblonga. These are by far my favourite little fish! So entertaining to watch as they wiggle their way through the tank and sift through the sand! That's definitely a well fed little noodle :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Back