The Dream Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Handy? Lol, depends on what you mean....

It would also require we be in a house, and he would not want to pay for it, so I'd have to start saving now, lol, and hope that someday, I have enough.

Maybe someday. And then I could put a dwarf puffer in my 10 gal. Because they are adorable, and have such great personalities!

I haven't researched tons of fish yet, and have limited experience of my own, but I know basically what I would like :lol:

20 pepper cories
20 sterbai cories
20 Pygmy cories
2 or 3 nerite snails of different colors
A school of some kind of shrimp (don't know enough to pick one type, but I know I would want them B-) )
2 schools of contrasting colored other fish - not sure which though :)
Take it you like corys? Lol

Lol, I could watch them snuffling about the floor for hours! They're so cute!

Spot on, this would be the best tank ever. I'll probably change the cory species to gold laser, duplicares and albinos, pygmies, and school of otocinclus. The pygmies and otocinclus swim in the middle so that would do for me. The albinos and gold lasers are acrobats and are all over the place. I've never tried duplicares but I always wanted some. Adding any other fish, would either eat the eggs, or eat the corys food, etc..so no good. :lol:

I don't love yellow fish, and for some reason, any albino fish give me the creeps a bit, so both the albino and gold laser are out for me. But the duplicares look cool! I change my choice from sterbai to the duplicares. I've never heard o them before, but that's only because I haven't seen them in my local places, lol.

A for fish eating the Cory's food... my cories eat just fine now, and I've got them in with a guppy, 2 endlers, and an African dwarf frog. I've even got the frog eating despite the cories, so everyone seems to be happy, lol.

Ah, well, everyone likes different species but they are all cute. As for yellow fish, neither the albino or the especially the gold laser are yellow :good:

Corydoras duplicareus are just a poor man's (duplicate!) C. adolfoi anyway, you should get the 'real thing' :p
(I'm only kidding with you, they're a lovely fish.)

I have to say, you're all being rather dull on this thread; it's meant to be a 'dream' tank, not a 'what I'll have one day' tank ;)

I'd have a pressurised marine set up so I could keep benthic bioluminescent jellyfish and squid.

I think adolfoi look dull compared to duplicares :rolleyes:
As for being dull myself, I learn nothing new :lol: I like sticking to what's real but 600 hundred corries, 12 different species in one tank if I start saving now for a bigger house, maybe one day. I'll sleep in the shed if I have to:lol:

I think adolfoi look dull compared to duplicares :rolleyes:
I'm shocked, shocked!
(Actually, I've seen both in real life, and I can't tell the difference!)

As for being dull myself, I learn nothing new :lol: I like sticking to what's real but 600 hundred corries, 12 different species in one tank if I start saving now for a bigger house, maybe one day. I'll sleep in the shed if I have to:lol:
Yeah, to be fair to you a tank with 600 cories in it would be magnificent!

If you're happy to sleep in the shed, just seal your living room and flood it; my son has suggested this to me numerous times so we could have a red tailed cat ;)

:lol: Never thought of that. I think I'll do fine with a bedroom and a bathroom only :nod:

The duplicareus species have wider black body band on top than the adolfoi and it brings out their colours better in my opinion. Here are two quick pictures:

Duplicareus:
duplicareus.png

Adolfoi:
adolfoi.png

I'd stock mine with a lot of Discus! Love those fish, sadly I don't have the room to keep them.

I'm not sure how my tank would look, or what I'd have in it - but for it to be a dream tank, would mean that it was serviced and cleaned by someone else..would save me a lot of elbow grease for sure! :fun:

I'd like to think, given the money, that I'd have several large fish tanks in different rooms that had completely different themes. Perhaps an 8ft Amazonian tank (similar to how I have my current 1) with my Discus and Cardinals, with Corys. Then I'd have a Malawi tank for a complete contrast in the next room, perhaps a more tall and thin tank. Then I'd have a marine tank with live corals.. All of these tanks would, as I say, be looked after by someone else as I struggle with the two tanks I have to start with.

Oooh, and then for outside, I'd have a cresent shaped pond with decking around it, but then within that cresent the land would be levelled down to a nice circular seating area and the pond would have a glazed section so you can either watch your pond fish from above or go and hang out with them in the pit :drool:

Orrrrr, if I was seriously rich I'd do that pond idea with tropical fish, sat inside of a massive conservatory or some form of heated room, with tropical planting all around it and maybe a Toucan or two sat on trees :crazy: .. I'm done! :blush:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back