The Dreaded Algae......

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cavin1

Reaction score
You know the thing comes in a tightly sealed bag, one cleaner per bag, attaches to a 'Swiffer' like handle and off you go. Seems to work fine no issues there. Except replacements. 2 issues here, 1. they don't say the useable life, like one time shot, or keep sealed after use and reuse later, thus how many times, or is this experimental, don't mind 'cept I'm an engineer, we're inherintly lazy, if someone knows we'll happily use you info. Second issue, obviously one has to be extremely careful what goes into tank, has an chemical whiz out there figured out and alternate kitchen shelf type wipe to keep cost replacement down and make access to supplies easier....thanks and regards Des Cavin........ :lol: :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

My opinion? Waste of money. I now use natural algae removal - otocinclus and shrimp, though (tempting fate here in my new scape!) algae is minimal in my tank for other reasons (Estimative Index and stable CO2).

For physical removal I would use a simple scraper tool from your local pet shop followed by a water change and/or some plain old kitchen paper (bleach free if you can get it).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back