The DNA thread for my dog (get your guesses in)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Oh wow! Exciting that you're getting the test and we'll know now what mix she is! :D

Please tell your parents that this internet stranger said thank you for them going ahead and getting the test, that I appreciate that it's going to satisfy our curiosity!
I'll stick to my guesses from your previous thread, if you can find those. Great pyrenees being in there is my main guess/curiosity, the one that I'm pretty convinced is in there in a decent amount, and most want to know if she does have a good chunk of great Pyre!

The rest I agree is going to be super mutt. She has a lot of nice breeds in there, which is why she's so beautiful! I made those guesses before, will try to find them later. :)
Im very positive you are correct on there being pyrenees... I almost want to say she has a bit of wolf... If you look up australian shepherd with wolf they do look a lot like Luna!

And yes, my parents know that people on here are very intrigued and they got a kick out of it when I said people are guessing all sorts of breeds

Im very positive you are correct on there being pyrenees... I almost want to say she has a bit of wolf... If you look up australian shepherd with wolf they do look a lot like Luna!

And yes, my parents know that people on here are very intrigued and they got a kick out of it when I said people are guessing all sorts of breeds
I'm not convinced that there's wolf, sorry my friend. It's possible, since there was a (stupid, and very dangerous) craze for wolf-dogs over there a while back. So there are bound to be wolf mixes of various percentages over there.
However, there are many breeds with wolf-like features too, so it's easy to see wolf in a mix like Luna, when really you're seeing the traits of a malamute or Siberian husky. She has a good chunk of one or both of those two as well, I would wager.

I'm not convinced that there's wolf, sorry my friend. It's possible, since there was a (stupid, and very dangerous) craze for wolf-dogs over there a while back. So there are bound to be wolf mixes of various percentages over there.
However, there are many breeds with wolf-like features too, so it's easy to see wolf in a mix like Luna, when really you're seeing the traits of a malamute or Siberian husky. She has a good chunk of one or both of those two as well, I would wager.
That is very true... But it would kinda be cool if Luna had some wolf!
I could literally say: "I'll send my wolf after you!" :rofl:

My dad had a part wolf dog when he was a kid.

The first picture, the coloring makes me think Australian Cattle dog or shepherd. Husky would explain the tail and long fur. Her ears seem bigger than a husky's. Her torso has a unique shape, a bigger dog like Great Pyrenees mixed with everything else might explain it. Then her paws seem small. In conclusion she is a gorgeous, fun, and a very mixed dog. I am excited to hear the DNA test results!

The first picture, the coloring makes me think Australian Cattle dog or shepherd. Husky would explain the tail and long fur. Her ears seem bigger than a husky's. Her torso has a unique shape, a bigger dog like Great Pyrenees mixed with everything else might explain it. Then her paws seem small. In conclusion she is a gorgeous, fun, and a very mixed dog. I am excited to hear the DNA test results!
Idk about small paws lol 😅
But I do agree with everything else... Hopefully we get results soon...

Idk about small paws lol 😅
But I do agree with everything else... Hopefully we get results soon...
Watch the digging video by comparision to her torso the paws seem small.

I showed my mother in law and she suggested corgi for the ears. Could be.

Last edited:
The swab was delivered to the testing facility and will hopefully be tested soon.

(This is also the 100th post on this thread... Soooo... Yup)

expect 2 or 3 emails inviting you to increase spending and get the health report. I am not really happier with Embark than I was with Wisdom Panel. It's ok, you can't ask questions, just read their reports and their little bits.

expect 2 or 3 emails inviting you to increase spending and get the health report. I am not really happier with Embark than I was with Wisdom Panel. It's ok, you can't ask questions, just read their reports and their little bits.
Yah... We already git all that. And probably will get another prompt when the test results arrive... But we heard how accurate these guys are and it was on sale so we bought it

The swab was delivered to the testing facility and will hopefully be tested soon.

(This is also the 100th post on this thread... Soooo... Yup)
Eeekk! Are you excited to find out?

I think it took a few weeks to get my girl's results if I remember right, but that was a few years ago.

Do they ask for a picture of your dog?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back