The DNA thread for my dog (get your guesses in)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Regardless of the country or laws, golden retrievers are not known to be at "the top of the list for dog attacks"

And people who want dogs for fighting do not deserve dogs, or have any business keeping them

Sorry for the tangent, @Rocky998 .... when do you expect to receive your dog's DNA test results?
Many moons ago I used to assist the local shelters and the police in rehabilitation of seized dogs and dogs that had been subjected to abuse by owners/breeders.

I did it for around 20+ years. Was in regular contact with all sorts of dogs, mainly those that are deemed to be dangerous...GSD, Pitbulls, Dobies, Rotties, Mastiff, Presa Canario, Staffies...

The ONLY dog to have ever bitten me in all of those years was an abused Golden Retriever.

Every dog has the ability to bite and to attack a human....even a Chihuahua can do serious damage when they get the urge.

If @Rocky998 has what I feel is likely to be a GSD x Border Collie (the coat, colouration, facial shape, eye position and ear carriage lends itself to being that mix) then it will be a very loyal and loving dog...that is slightly herdish (as in constantly rounding everyone up).

But regardless of the DNA mix, all dogs should be respected for what they truly are....an ancestor of the Wolf albeit far removed genetically nowadays, they all have the primal ability to hunt and to kill given the right situation and circumstances.

Sorry for the tangent, @Rocky998 .... when do you expect to receive your dog's DNA test results?
It's fine...
Well for some reason the mail lady did not pick up our mail for it to ship... So we still have it and I'm very confused as to why they didn't get it.

It's fine...
Well for some reason the mail lady did not pick up our mail for it to ship... So we still have it and I'm very confused as to why they didn't get it.

You started this thread on Monday...your mail hasn't been picked up or delivered in four days?

You started this thread on Monday...your mail hasn't been picked up or delivered in four days?
No it's been delivered. We tried to send it in the mailbox yesterday and no one picked it up :dunno:

Good news!
We put it out today and they did pick it up this time!!

Depending on your temperature you may have to reswab the dog. around here it's been 103 - 105 F every day since Monday
We can't re-swab without buying another test kit. Also there is liquid in with the swab that I believe helps the sample

She is gorgeous, she is just Anatolian Shepherd and Pyr gorgeous. maybe with some husky
I'm sure she has over 40% husky and a nice percentage of a Shepherd and pyrenees...
I'm sticking with that along with very small percentages of other dogs like lab and retriever.
I don't know if she has anatolian. I'm honestly thinking she doesnt.

Most reactions

Back