The DNA thread for my dog (get your guesses in)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I could see everything but the dachshund. That's a tough reach for a little dog.

Sorry about your brother Juice. I never heard of a kangal until I read that dog report. Around here most livestock guard dogs are great pyrenees or anatolian shepherd. (I would never use a GSD their prey drive is too high).

Not surprised about the results of the bite report. Pit bulls for all their owners say sweetest dog ever, I just don't have those. One of my daughters had one for his whole life, he was a good dog. Now she has a pit mix that's part chihuahua (first dna test in the family to figure that out) and a little bully girl. fixed. I have a rottie mix now, and my old lead dog who died of cancer was rottweiler and bernese mountain dog. They are real sweet dogs but I would not recommend breaking into my house . I don't know if Wulfwarro would bite a stranger but no one wants to try. which works for me. he's great with kids and somewhat afraid of my cat

Don’t discount small dogs too soon 😂😂

My rescue is a Jindo mix and she looks identical in every way except for her itty bitty size. We’re half joking/half genuinely curious about her being part part chihuahua or dachshund and lemme tell you the mental gymnastics of imagining that is wild.

To quote netflix: chihuahuas in particular “have the aim of an angel and the reach of a god” 😂😂😂

Not according to this: https://ncraoa.com/dog-bite-statistics/

Not even close...they aren't even listed
Different country, different laws.

We don't have pitbulls here and the US has some stupid laws regarding things like dogs and other things we won't discuss. But any dog breed deemed a fighting dog is either banned outright or must be registered as a dangerous breed and that means wearing a dangerous dog collar and being on a lead at all times in public.

The problem with dog attacks is made worse by people wanting certain dogs for fighting purposes and to defend their drug labs and homes. These people do not help dogs in any way.

To quote netflix: chihuahuas in particular “have the aim of an angel and the reach of a god” 😂😂😂
my daughter's part chihuahua had a large breed mother, when he didn't grow properly, she had his DNA run, Then I had Teddy's and he's a small part chihuahua and pomeranian family...

Different country, different laws.

We don't have pitbulls here and the US has some stupid laws regarding things like dogs and other things we won't discuss. But any dog breed deemed a fighting dog is either banned outright or must be registered as a dangerous breed and that means wearing a dangerous dog collar and being on a lead at all times in public.

The problem with dog attacks is made worse by people wanting certain dogs for fighting purposes and to defend their drug labs and homes. These people do not help dogs in any way.
Regardless of the country or laws, golden retrievers are not known to be at "the top of the list for dog attacks"

And people who want dogs for fighting do not deserve dogs, or have any business keeping them

Sorry for the tangent, @Rocky998 .... when do you expect to receive your dog's DNA test results?

Regardless of the country or laws, golden retrievers are not known to be at "the top of the list for dog attacks"
They are in Australia. They are hunting dogs and are regularly involved in attacks against smaller animals and children, and even adults. I have been attacked by golden retrievers on 4 occasions.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back