The curse of the short arm

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Isnā€™t tallness a generation thing as my mom says Iā€™m tall at 6ft but to me thts average height in England anyways

Yeah my wife is mad that mine is in the front room I have suggested that our 2 year old who could fit in the tank could help out but sheā€™s not crazy on the idea lmao
Bet the 2 yr old would love it!

My daughter-in-law is 6 foot tall, but I don't thing she's the average height for a woman :)
Wow a 6ft woman I would boots all the time not that I have a complex or anything lmao

My son is 2.5 yrs and when I open the tank he runs over to climb up :rofl: he's absolutely mad to put his hand it, but I don't let him. Because he threw house keys in in the blink of an eye.
My daughter is the same , I let my Oscar bite her finger to try and get her to be wary of it n she loved it the freak ahhha she goes mad when I feed them if I donā€™t pick her up so she can watch she loves it all Iā€™m hoping iv got a tank buddy in a few years that will help as my oldest would rather look at fish on YouTube lol

im not short as such but my big tank is pretty high up, the top is almost eye level and the thing is half a metre deep. i learned a few things about cleaning it very quickly, no clothes = no wet clothes, swimming shorts work best, place a towl on the floor in front of the tank, stand on the lid (very strong wooden lid) its the most stable thing, also a wooden floor is a nightmare, but better than a carpet, and yes, ziptie the gravel cleaner to a pvc pipe, works very well.:rofl::rofl:

this thread has made my day:thanks:

im not short as such but my big tank is pretty high up, the top is almost eye level and the thing is half a metre deep. i learned a few things about cleaning it very quickly, no clothes = no wet clothes, swimming shorts work best, place a towl on the floor in front of the tank, stand on the lid (very strong wooden lid) its the most stable thing, also a wooden floor is a nightmare, but better than a carpet, and yes, ziptie the gravel cleaner to a pvc pipe, works very well.:rofl::rofl:

this thread has made my day:thanks:
Clearly a pro!

well kinda, i used to have tanks stacked 3 high when i was breading fish, the top ones you needed a ladder to see the substrate, the bottom ones were almost on the floor. absolute nightmare. i definitely dont recommend. its not fun after a while.

The first day I got my first tank about 6 months ago I had just filled it, left the room for a second and came back to my then 2.5year old son had opened the bottom drawer ot the unit ,stood on it and slid his fingers under the lid of the tank and was tugging on the edge of the glass :D thank god it stood up to it! Also my new tank is 16" deep but manage quite well at 5 '9 ,although did get my sleeve soaked planting new plants by hand last night

The first day I got my first tank about 6 months ago I had just filled it, left the room for a second and came back to my then 2.5year old son had opened the bottom drawer ot the unit ,stood on it and slid his fingers under the lid of the tank and was tugging on the edge of the glass :D thank god it stood up to it! Also my new tank is 16" deep but manage quite well at 5 '9 ,although did get my sleeve soaked planting new plants by hand last night
I'd say you got some hop coming in to that!!

Iā€™m 6ft 1in, so I donā€™t have to worry about that! :hey:

But seriously, you can look into getting bigger/longer gravel vacuums.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back