The curse of the short arm

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have a question about gravel vacuum, my thank is 5ft and fairly tall I’m 6ft tall 183cm lol as we were talking about unit conversion lol and I really struggle with my gravel vacs I have to go armpit deep to reach the gravel , iv thought about taping it to a stick or something but I’m sure there are shorter people with deeper tanks and they must have a easy way . Please let me know , my fish are on a meaty diet such as prawns mussels and occasional Turkey they prefer turkey to chicken strangely enough so most debris is easily collected with a net or my pleco so is gravel vac 100% necessary

I'm 4ft 11" and find water changes a pain. I'm gonna need to stand on a stool for the taller tank. I did buy myself a longer syphon but no solution other than a stool.

I'm 4ft 11" and find water changes a pain. I'm gonna need to stand on a stool for the taller tank. I did buy myself a longer syphon but no solution other than a stool.
I feel bad for moaning now lmao I don’t mind for water changes as such because I just put the inflow pipe of my filter out of the window lol hold on yeah I get what your saying now about outing the water back in lol , are electric syphons worth while or is there anyway of using an air pump to circulate the mess in the gravel and just follow it around with the intake on the filter ? I’m just fed up of having to get naked to gravel vac and iv not had the tank long so already looking for a better way lol

The other problem besides being not very tall (though at 5 ft 4 inches I'm taller than AilyNC) is that being, shall we say, a well endowed lady I can't get close enough to the tank to put both arms in at once. I have to stand sideways on to the tank and use just one arm.

I use a stool.
But im only 5 foot tall exact. A stool is needed as I cant even reach things in the kitchen cupboards. So I carry a folding stool around the house to get stuff done. Including tank maintenance.

I use a stool.
But im only 5 foot tall exact. A stool is needed as I cant even reach things in the kitchen cupboards. So I carry a folding stool around the house to get stuff done. Including tank maintenance.
Aaaww, I didn't know you were teeny ;) :p:lol:
I'm 5'9 so reach isn't usually a problem for me, I'm the one helping little old ladies in the supermarket get things from the top shelves, but I do find the 57 gallon tank too tall for me to reach to clean the substrate easily, especially at the back. A longer syphon cleaner attachment thing helps, but still need a stool to be able to reach the back properly, and it tends to hurt my back just because you're leaning so much and also trying not to lean on and put pressure on the front pane.

I really don't know what people with super tall, 200 gallon type tanks do. There must be a solution.

if-you-dont-live-near-an-ocean-make-one.jpeg.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back