The Cultural Differences of.......Biscuits

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I worked for Lidl until last year and was given a full box of their hobnobs as a leaving present! Think it was 24 packets. Went down well with my squad mates in my new job as I took a packet in every day!

1647459733144.png

I am partial to one or two, or the full box of these.

The photos in post #58 -

The bone shaped thing in front of the dog we call dog biscuits.

The one called biscuits for humans - we have nothing looking like that under any name.

The round brown things with the white layer between we call cream biscuits - two biscuits sandwiched together with a sort of solid cream filling.

The bowl of things with the serrated edge - they're crackers, specifically Ritz crackers. There are other crackers as well, different shapes with slightly different flavours and often with things added such as poppy seed crackers, chive crackers etc.

The difference between biscuits and crackers is that biscuits are sweet, crackers are savoury and are usually marketed as for eating with cheese.

Do you guys have maple sugar cookies, shaped like a maple leaf? They aren't for diabetics.

I realized that since we speak both English and French here, cookies in French are biscuits, with a different pronunciation. So if you are with very English people, they're cookies. Bilingual people get it no matter which you use. A rose by another other name could be a biscuit or a cookie.

Crackers are for cheese or for soup.

But then what do we classify 'goldfish crackers" as? They're addictive snack food...

Let's not forget Animal Crackers, though I heard PETA, or some other loony group forced them to remove the bars off the package.

Man, I should not have come here, now I am hungry! :D

Usually make drop biscuits because they are so quick and you can add different things to them depending on what you are having them with. We like them with gravy,of course, but any time we make soup, the kiddos especially enjoy dunking them in it.

Never met a biscuit, scone, cookie I did not like...

No, wait, thin mints, they are evil.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back