The cult of "DIY KING". Just bizarre.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think some of the videos are good but I don't normally watch his unless I run out of things to do.

So what do you guys think of my YouTube channel? I've been working on some ideas of what I can put in the bottles. Including a desert island, beach, garden, Indian camping teepee and a ship in a bottle.

I also find it weird that the two videos I made of clips of the sea life centre in Birmingham only have 15 and 46 views? I'd have expected them to be a lot more popular with the number of people who visited the place looking for a preview of the place!

Cool videos! Keep up the good work. It’s discouraging at first, but try try again! :)

I looked..hey,do you know how many channels were under the radar for years? one I follow has been up EIGHT years and only this winter did it explode.
You never know. I've seen some very well done vids..professional. It was just me to comment.

I looked..hey,do you know how many channels were under the radar for years? one I follow has been up EIGHT years and only this winter did it explode.
You never know. I've seen some very well done vids..professional. It was just me to comment.
This is how it is with most videos/channels.

Well I'm going to start learning how YouTube works and marketing for the channel. It just doesn't make sense for such low numbers for the video for the sea life centre.

Well I'm going to start learning how YouTube works and marketing for the channel. It just doesn't make sense for such low numbers for the video for the sea life centre.
Probably because most people are like me and just look at either TripAdvisor or Google reviews. I never watch YouTube clips of aquariums I'm going to visit, usually because they're not the greatest quality and they have that jerky handheld motion to them. I will look at their website then either or both of 2 sites I've mentioned and then their Facebook page. To be fair as well most people in the UK have been to a Sea life in one location or another, I've never been to Birmingham but I've been to the Blackpool and a few others and they're pretty repetitive after a while so watching a YouTube clip of one isn't the most exciting thing to me. The only aquarium videos I've watched on a regular basis are the live webcams from the Georgia aquarium because they have whale sharks and manta rays in a tank and I've never seen them in real life.

If you've seen this guy in action...he's really not too knowledgeable about fish or plants. What's strange is people post like he's their God...affirmations, life turned around,"Joey I LIVE BECAUSE OF YOU!'
His whole act started as Mr. Serious on how to build tanks 9 years ago or so...then he became a personality spouting some weird claims with stories he made up to back them up. Like a certain President..wink.
I don't get it. He's got more subscribers than people who really do know aquariums like Rachel or the guys with big fish like Ohio or Florida fish rescue with Viktor.
He has rows of sterile looking tanks..a few fish here and a few there..no rhyme or reason. It's obvious he's vamping to get more subscribers with nonsense jabber and theories.
He's a hustler. Another on youtube. Love me on patreon.
JEEZUZ..like a cult.
Yeah He may be a hustler but when you have two left thumbs and no creative mind ,he writes a good book.

One YOUTUBER suddenly turned on me. Steenford. All I can guess is he didnt like the Joey is not my god post here. Another? She's on the fence.
Interesting to see who does the "I'm part of the club" and who just keeps an open mind.

One YOUTUBER suddenly turned on me. Steenford. All I can guess is he didnt like the Joey is not my god post here. Another? She's on the fence.
Interesting to see who does the "I'm part of the club" and who just keeps an open mind.

What do you mean by they turned on you?

It's all an entertainment business at the end of the day..

We can ALL build a better burger than McDonald's but can we all build a multi billion pound company franchise?

I asked him a question about a post he just put up...got no answer. So I look at the post again and of the 10-20 comments he got on the same day as mine?..he "hearted" EVERY single one of the others..but except for me.
So,hey that's not how you succeed in business,but then again,its not like there are not 500 other youtube channels to follow.
He's changed anyways. It's been a lot over the last few months of grouchy Bob doing long streams of complaints. Fedex,YouTube rules,Camera's...just not the same since he started to sell fish,unlike when he was just a hobbyist.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back