The Creepiest Thing Happened to Me This Morning (logical explanation)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So... This literally happened right when I started to wake up... It was the strangest thing to ever happen. A combination of hearing voices, being paralyzed, and not being able to open my eyes... I was completely scared. So I had just had a strange dream about alien abductions for some reason and then I woke up... I knew I was awake. Then all of a sudden I felt a surge run through my body... It was a tingling feeling but it wasnt like where a body part is numb and unresponsive... It paralyzed me completely and the feeling went to my eyes and they felt as if they were being forced shut... Thats when it got really creepy, cause then I actually heard a voice in a deep, raspy tone say: "Go to sleep, Go to sleep, Go to sleep". It kept repeating itself and the voice used my name as well. I fought the urge to sleep cause I was like: "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON"... I immediately attempted to sit up but I was still in a paralyzed state where I couldnt move... And my body still had that weird sensation... But I was able to sit up after multiple times of trying to move and I looked around trying to figure out what just happened... And no answer... Until now. I looked up "Hearing things when waking up"... There is something called sleep paralysis where when you sometimes wake up you can will be paralyzed and possibly hallucinate and hear things... Moral of the story is basically dont jump to conclusions of what you instantly think something may be... I know it sounds stupid but as it was all happening I seriously thought I was being abducted or something lol... I havent told my parents cause they'll freak out 😅

The simplest explanation is normally the most likely. Following the notion I'd say you were probably dreaming about waking up, and then you woke up.

The simplest explanation is normally the most likely. Following the notion I'd say you were probably dreaming about waking up, and then you woke up.
No I was actually awake because I took the covers off of me and everything. Sleep paralysis is the best explanation because sometimes when people wake up you can hallucinate and hear things. My mom got these when she was younger except she saw spiders and snakes lol... Runs in the family?

Dream Weaver by Gary Wright brought on a waking nightmare about a bygone era's music...

Most likely lucid dreaming.

“A lucid dream is a type of dream in which the dreamer becomes aware that they are dreaming. During a lucid dream, the dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, or environment; however, this is not actually necessary for a dream to be described as lucid.”

I’ve had several lucid dreams, they are kinda freaky.
This, or what's called a "hypnopompic" experience.

Usually when we wake up we don't notice the transition between sleep and waking, but occasionally we do. When this occurs there's an overlap of awareness between the dream state and the waking state, and it can cause some very unnerving experiences as two levels of consciousness interplay.

There can be similar when falling asleep - this is called "hypnogogic".

So... This literally happened right when I started to wake up... It was the strangest thing to ever happen. A combination of hearing voices, being paralyzed, and not being able to open my eyes... I was completely scared. So I had just had a strange dream about alien abductions for some reason and then I woke up... I knew I was awake. Then all of a sudden I felt a surge run through my body... It was a tingling feeling but it wasnt like where a body part is numb and unresponsive... It paralyzed me completely and the feeling went to my eyes and they felt as if they were being forced shut... Thats when it got really creepy, cause then I actually heard a voice in a deep, raspy tone say: "Go to sleep, Go to sleep, Go to sleep". It kept repeating itself and the voice used my name as well. I fought the urge to sleep cause I was like: "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON"... I immediately attempted to sit up but I was still in a paralyzed state where I couldnt move... And my body still had that weird sensation... But I was able to sit up after multiple times of trying to move and I looked around trying to figure out what just happened... And no answer... Until now. I looked up "Hearing things when waking up"... There is something called sleep paralysis where when you sometimes wake up you can will be paralyzed and possibly hallucinate and hear things... Moral of the story is basically dont jump to conclusions of what you instantly think something may be... I know it sounds stupid but as it was all happening I seriously thought I was being abducted or something lol... I havent told my parents cause they'll freak out 😅

This, or what's called a "hypnopompic" experience.

Usually when we wake up we don't notice the transition between sleep and waking, but occasionally we do. When this occurs there's an overlap of awareness between the dream state and the waking state, and it can cause some very unnerving experiences as two levels of consciousness interplay.

There can be similar when falling asleep - this is called "hypnogogic".

You probably WERE abducted!

Just sayin'.
I once dreamed that I was latterly was dying and when I woke up I knew someone had been sleeping next to me I figured it was my ex husband who had already died
I quit drinking after that

Your mother put something in your bedtime milk, but over did it. Talk to your mum and ask her if she can double that dose tonight, to see what happens.

Yep, what you've described is sleep paralysis. My partner gets that, and even something called "false awakenings" which are arguably more terrifying. With sleep paralysis, you're still in a semi dreaming state when you wake up. With false awakenings, you THINK you've woken up (i.e. open your eyes, see your ceiling), but in reality your dream has jumped, and you are still utterly and totally asleep (you're dreaming your bedroom, eyes completely closed). In both instances, you almost always have scary experiences.

To give an example of false awakenings, they tend to happen in shows and movies somewhat often. On of the more recent episodes of Riverdale, one of the characters is dreaming about their fear (a killer they weren't able to capture), and then being so scared, they think they wake up in their room in the middle of the night, only for them to see the killer in their room and scream, and then truly wake up, with the time actually being like 9am or something with the sun up.

Other night I was waiting for laundry to finish. Still had 30 minutes left on the washer. I wanted to go to bed. I ended up snacking on some chips and salsa while watching a show.

Well, later that night I had a chat with a fascinating cat (felis catus) who later stole my car and drove it cross country.🤷‍♀️ Never found out why he drove cross country, my alarm woke me before I found out.

Other night I was waiting for laundry to finish. Still had 30 minutes left on the washer. I wanted to go to bed. I ended up snacking on some chips and salsa while watching a show.

Well, later that night I had a chat with a fascinating cat (felis catus) who later stole my car and drove it cross country.🤷‍♀️ Never found out why he drove cross country, my alarm woke me before I found out.
What was in that salsa....catnip?

No I was actually awake because I took the covers off of me and everything. Sleep paralysis is the best explanation because sometimes when people wake up you can hallucinate and hear things. My mom got these when she was younger except she saw spiders and snakes lol... Runs in the family?

I will share based on my years of interpreting dreams and studying about dreams.

My theory is that there are 3 sources/reasons of our dreams:
1)The results of our brain activities, over active imaginations, watching too many movies, over eating, etc.
These can create dreams that have little or no meaning.

2)The results of events in our lives or past traumatic experiences.
Sometimes traumatic experiences in life can create fearful or terrifying dreams.
Or when we have too much disappointment, sadness in our lives, it can be projected into our dreams.
There was once I had a dream where I felt so sad. When I reflected on the dream, I realized that the dream reflect upon what was going though my life at that moment. I was feeling lonely and feeling disappointed and sad.

3)Dreams can also be given by spiritual beings such as God or demons.
Spiritual beings can communicate and interact with us during our dreams.
From my observations, I find that people who are involved in occult activities often have scary nightmares.
There was once I asked a girl who had nightmares whether she was involved in occult activities. And her reply was 'yes'.
Dreams from God can be "warning about the dangers that are coming", teachings, encouragements, etc... They are very useful for us.

If your nightmare occurred only once, then there is nothing to worry about.
But if it happens quite frequent, then there is possibility that it can be caused by demons.
It can be a sleep paralysis but it can also be a demonic attack.

Since you mentioned that your mum also had this kind of scary dreams when she was younger, then it's possible that it runs in the family.
In this case, you need to investigate/trace your roots - your grand parents, great grandparents, etc.
If any of your grandparents or great grandparents were involved in occult activities, your parents or yourself may "inherit" these spirits which they had contacted/involved with. These spirits will continue to harass and disturb your family.
You will need to terminate, renounce and cut off any tie with them.
Then you will need to cast them out and command them to leave you and your family by the power of God.
You can message me separately if you want to know more as there are too much for me to share here.
I have many stories and encounters that I can share with you if you want to know more.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back