The Continuing Adventures Of Skifletch

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Enjoyed the pics very much. :nod: I love that tang, Ski. Can't wait to set up my bigger tank so I can get one :) (tempted to make the 75g a salty tank instead of cichlid tank).

Now if I could talk my hubby into getting me a christmas present like that :lol: Very very beautiful. :drool:

Tank is looking great, Ski.

Thanks guys, glad you enjoy. I too love the hammer, elegance and the duncan. Bout a year or so ago that duncan was a mere single head. For that matter everything in the tank with the exception of the clam, elegance, and hammer was grown from a tiny frag. Requires patience to grow things out like that, but sure does save the wallet ;). I'm actually getting to the point where the corals are going to start needing fragging as over-competing will become troublesome.

The Kole Tang took me a while to find locally. Was just about to break down and buy one from Live Aquaria, till I finally managed to cash this one in from a local reefkeeper breaking down his tank :)

I don't think a year is too long to wait for that Duncan to go from 1 to 15-20 heads, I think that is quite quick, I would be prepared to wait much longer than that. It has actually made me think, I was going to go for 3-5 heads, don't think I will bother now, will go for a 1 head.

I am also glad I went for quite a few frags aswell, makes me feel a little better that I won't have as long a wait as I thought to get some decent growth. :good:

Btw, spot-feeding really helps grow the corals/frags you want to grow. I selectively spot-feed now to grow the little colonies, and leave the bigger ones to their own devices :)

Thanks for tip ski, have been feeding the Euphyllias brine / mysis / krill every 10 days, only fed hammer and bubble once so far. Will make sure I target the smaller ones now.

Ski your tank is amazing!! :drool:

You have some beautiful corals in there and the colours wow! I particually love your duncan - stunning :drool: :drool:

We have one in our nano and yours puts ours to shame. Some great pics. your tang is lovely.

Amazing tank :good:

Kelwoo

Thanks Mr M, glad to see you around here, been way too long :)

Well it's been a little while since I updated and since adding the Kole Tang, I have one other fish update to add :). Found myself a Halichoeres melanarus at a local pet store. Usually they have really poor saltwater stock and I just went in there on a whim and found this gem of a fish. Since I don't trust the store as far as I can spit, I QT'ed him for a full month during which time he showed not a glimpse of disease. So tonight, into the family he went. Keeping a member of the Halichoeres genus means I can't have worms, shrimp, or featherdusters, but I think I'll live without them... Also means I won't have to deal with nudibranchs or flatworms ever :shifty:. Anyways, I'll NEVER get a pic of this little guy cause he swims so damned fast and I don't have a $400+ SLR-style digicam to take pics of him, so you'll have to do with this borrowed one... Don't be fooled VM, the coloration is similar but not quite a Leopard ;)

halichoeres_melanurus_2x.jpg

I have owned one before, only for around a month just before i dismantled my tank, i had a pair of cleaner shrimp he only went near for cleaning, although he wiped out my entire clean up crew.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back