The Bubble Nest Has Gone

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DAL

Reaction score
Hi my male blew his bubble nest as i had the female in a breeding trap in his tank.She wasn't showing much interest in him and then this morning we woke up and found his bubble nest had gone.Has he destroyed it?
We only bought him on Sunday and put her in with him on Sunday afternoon.By that night he'd made the nest but it's only lasted 2 days :unsure:

Does anyone have any idea as to what happened to the nest?:)

Hate to burst your bubble as it were, but you should really have been conditioning your prospective spawners for a couple of weeks to ensure that they could survive the future spawning as it can be quite vicious with some betta's.

Take the female out of the breeeding tank with the male and start feeding them pair up (bloodworm etc) - separately.

Give them a week or so then slowly introduce them, read the pinned topic on breeding betta's and ensure that you have sufficient tanks etc for the future spawn and good luck :good:

Hate to burst your bubble as it were, but you should really have been conditioning your prospective spawners for a couple of weeks to ensure that they could survive the future spawning as it can be quite vicious with some betta's.

Take the female out of the breeeding tank with the male and start feeding them pair up (bloodworm etc) - separately.

Give them a week or so then slowly introduce them, read the pinned topic on breeding betta's and ensure that you have sufficient tanks etc for the future spawn and good luck :good:

Ok thanks for the reply.So it's just a natural thing and you think he has destroyed it himself?

Sorry but if you don't know the answers about breeding, you shouldnt be breeding, read up on it first! Yes they can destroy their nests.

Sorry but if you don't know the answers about breeding, you shouldnt be breeding, read up on it first! Yes they can destroy their nests.

Just because i've never bred them before doesn't mean i can't try.I have read about how to do it and what to do after etc etc off the net.If you don't try the first time then you're never going to get experience at it are you?
I've got loads of tubs/jars etc on the off chance that i would be succesful aswell.

No one's stopping you. If you think that you can try then go ahead. It's not like we get punished if your fish get hurt. Just because you have tubs/jars doesn't mean you're all prepared for success either. I suggest you actually condition your fish, get the right fry foods & everything else you might possibly need and try again later.

Just because i've never bred them before doesn't mean i can't try.I have read about how to do it and what to do after etc etc off the net.If you don't try the first time then you're never going to get experience at it are you?
I've got loads of tubs/jars etc on the off chance that i would be succesful aswell.

Never said you couldnt try, but you seem unprepared if you didnt know that they can destroy their nests or about conditioning.

people here arent trying to discourage you, they just dont want you to get sad and disappointed because it wasnt successful. you can try, but you probably will be wasting your time until your betta are conditioned :good: just feed them frozen and live foods for the next 2 weeks. if your female starts getting fat and its stomach starts turning a lighter color, you are heading in the right direction

Just a few questions, what size tank do you plan on breeding them in? What size tank do you plan on raising the fry in? Are you prepared to seperate and jar possibly hundreds of juvis? Do you have plans for what to feed the fry? What are you going to do with the babies when they're grown? And what tail type are the parents, breeding veiltails is not a good idea, you'll just be adding to the tens of thousands of unwanted fish already out there. If you really want to breed take the time to research every angle and prepare yourself properly, its a huge undertaking, very time consuming and expensive, also if you decide you still want to breed look into getting a quality breeding pair of something other then veils. I hope I didn't discourage you, I just want you to know all of the facts before diving in. :good:

Thanks i didn't mean to have a go it's just you go on some sites and i'm not just talking about fish it could be anything and if you are not as clued up say as the more experienced fish keeper it seems like they are saying you don't know what you're doing so why bother.I always feed our fish forzen food every other day anyway so that's not a problem.It's hard to tell with the female as she is pink so can't tell if she's getting lighter as someone said.Something i would like to know is what the egg tube looks like as i couldn't find a picture anywhere on the net to know what to look for.I know when it shows it's infront of the front fins but that's about it?

You need live foods for the babies, especially when they are first hatched. Baby brine shrimp/microworms/grindal worms

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back