The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
Not been on here of late.
This has been going for a while now.
A Full Write up of its progress in over on Ukaps.
Here is a Link to the PB Album
The Barren

And Yes the Filter inlet/Spraybar are made out of the Barrel of a Pen

Video

017-1.jpg

I'll say it again Gill, looks great!

It still reminds me of Lord of the Rings. :good:

what was it stocked with in the end?

Great concept :) Would love to see it on a larger scale like a 10g tank or something - wish I had the money to get tanks and do experimental scapes like this :)

Wills

I'll say it again Gill, looks great!

It still reminds me of Lord of the Rings. :good:

what was it stocked with in the end?

Thanks, Oh and Congrats to you aswell :good:

Final Stocking is:
4 Crystal Red Shrimp
1 Green
10 Cherry
3 Tri horned BumbleBee Nerite Snails.

Want to Add some Cardinal Shrimp (Kesgrave is still waiting on Supplier)

Great concept :) Would love to see it on a larger scale like a 10g tank or something - wish I had the money to get tanks and do experimental scapes like this :)

Wills

Yep, I am itching to do this on a LArger scale but do not have the room to do it. Wife is using the baby as an Excuse (he will Smash it). I would like to Do this on a Much Larger say 50-100G Tank. That way i could Expand the Mountain Range into more than One.

that is absolutely wicked
i am amazed by the effect
you got and you say that's
just one gallon wow

Could be very cool on a much larger scale. It's great on a smaller scale...

llj

that is absolutely wicked
i am amazed by the effect
you got and you say that's
just one gallon wow

Thanks, Yep 1 Gallon.
I am glad I went and Made my own External Filter as I have Trebles the Filter Capacity enabling me to add more to it.
An unexpected Bonus, is that the Filter is throwing out so many Bubbles that it looks permanently misty now. :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Could be very cool on a much larger scale. It's great on a smaller scale...

llj

Ta Very Much me Lady. Tried it in a 6G and It did not look right, so itching for a Larger tank. Always Keep an eye on Ebay and the local ads. Just in Case the wife says yes.

Thank you Very much

Ah Gill, glad to see you posting amongst us again :)

Fantastic 'tank'.

Ah Gill, glad to see you posting amongst us again :)

Fantastic 'tank'.

Hiya, Yep nice to be back amongst the fold.

Very nice! Did you glue the slate to keep it in place? Nice seeing you back again :fun:

Nope, No Glueing. It is al Just wedged against each other. I have Buff Chippings as the base layer so that it enabled me to place the Slate without having to glue. Sand On Top and then the layer of Shattered Slate Again and then a Dusting of Slate powder and Thaitian Moon Sand.

I knew you would cave in. Great to have you back. Have you settled where you are now. I have quite a few young'ns from your japs available. By the way I'm still kicking myself for not taking up your kind offer of the nano tank now. :drool:

I knew you would cave in. Great to have you back. Have you settled where you are now. I have quite a few young'ns from your japs available. By the way I'm still kicking myself for not taking up your kind offer of the nano tank now. :drool:

Hiya,
Yep Settled in to Coventry again. We are Going on a Pilgrimage in Feb for a few months, and Never know might just stay for a while over there.
Ooooh I was going to ask you about The Jap Young'uns. How Many You Got, Want some more Livebearers. And want to try again at Tiger Featherfins. Let me know.

Lol, I bet you are. I have found somewhere that Sells these Tanks(vase) in Glass and the edges are not as round. United Footwear in the vases Section £8 quich each. An i am using the Ikea Janso LED lights for the Lighting and it looks great.

I still have the original parents and offspring with more on the way. So if you are ever in the area and want some, not a problem. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back