The Axolotl

$65.00?!?!
Thats almost robbery price (it comes to roughly between £32-36 i would estimate).
$12.00 seems alot more reasonable.
Out of interest what state are you in?
I Curretly live in england you see.
On my current holiday to my future home (Alberta, Canada), i yesterday noticed a rather small, sickly and poor kept
axolotl in a local store for $12. It was probably 2-3 inches long, most of its gills had been nibbled off and was extremely thin.
Leaving me to believe there isnt a huge market for them in Albert. BUT, on my return visite today i plan to quiz the staff and ask them for information :).

Keep us posted Axolotl Fans ^^

P.s If your first axolotl morphed it could be a tiger Salamander (if i remember commonly sold as Water dogs where i live).
Many people buy them thinking they are axolotls and when they morph they become quite confused. Hense why i know what i do.
it'd be worth looking at pictures at juvinile Tiger salamanders and see'ing if they match you old pet.
Info: Tiger Salamanders and Axolotls are both Ambystoma.

I live in Washington state. I once sold some axolotl to a pet store that did not feed them properly & it made me sick. They were starving to death & it haunted me to see it. . The first 1 was an axolotl. His name was Harry. I had a 40 gallon tall tank with fancy goldfish in it. He was very easy to tame . I did not want to keep sticking my arm in the tank up to my elbow to feed him. I bought this suctioned cup green net thing that was not meant to be in a water tank but it worked. It was like a triangle that you would put in a corner. I trained him to sit in it for easy feeding. He started poking his head out of the water. That's what triggered it. At first I blamed the goldfish for eating his gills but then I noticed that his whole body had changed. He did not want to be in the water anymore. I put him in a turtle tank with a bridge. He would only go in the water to eat & would escape out the filter hole. It was only a 15 gallon long tank & I felt bad for him. I took him to a good fish store where an employee took him home. I learned my lesson & removed the sling net.

i'm glad you've learnt a valuable lesson shmotis :)

Word up to all the Axolotl lovers,
i went to The Royal Tyrrell Museum, Drumheller, Alberta, Canada
Last week and appart from being amazing it housed a large tank full of
obeste looking axolotls!
I spent an hour actually educating people about them,
I bet those canada's though i was the british Museum Worker haha.

Keep it up Guys!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back