The amazing find of the century

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
So I've done it, I've found the most amazing fish ever at believe it or not... Petco. :blink: It pays to check out the bettas at these stores, in fact, because I found my mustard gas veiltail there too - same store. So anyways, today I went to look at the guppies and check for ottos, and of course had to stroll casually by the bettas. Bottom shelf, not in plain view, a flash of.... COPPER. :hyper: Knew I had to have it right there, no matter what. Picked him up.... he's a DELTA! OMG! :wub: He's just beautiful... every movement he makes him shimmers copper and green. I've never seen anything like it, not even other coppers I've seen. I'm so happy! :D He has a touch of fin rot in his anal, but he's in bettamax and 82 degrees so that should clear up soon. So the pics suck cuz he's in a jar temporarily, sorry about that!

Here he is with flash (he's not purple in person). :wub: :wub:

Attachments

• copper.jpg
    copper.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 16
And a horrible pic, but it shows (sorta) his true colors. I can't seem to really capture them.. I'll try once he's in a tank. -_-

Attachments

• copper2.jpg
    copper2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 15
Alright, I'll make an exception to my hatred of Petco if I find a mustardgas... but ONLY if I find a mustard gas.

I only made an exception cuz I found a copper. :p I loooove them and have always wanted one.

Here's the mustard gas I found at Petco, jkun. He's the coolest veil ever. :hyper:

Attachments

• newguy2.jpg
    newguy2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 16
MAAnnnn that is a sweet betta but I don't know his colas yet.. aand that mg is way better then mine, mines just gold and blue, and I found mine at petoo also haha. Sweet find.

I never see anything of Veils at my local big shops (petsmart/petco), not that I would buy from there anyway since I want the background on the fish I buy as I want them for breeding. And my lfs, the only Delta/SD's he gets are mine, hahahahaha...he does get some crowns in, although I've never been impressed with the ones I see.

Congrats on the find, he's gorgeous :)

Linda

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back