The A To Z Of Common Medications

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the site, thought i'd add some more meds to the list.
JBL Ektol Cristal
"JBL Ektol cristal has been especially prepared in our research laboratory as a means for desinfection of fish attacked by ectoparasites. It is recommended to fight all ectoparasites of fresh water fishes. Surprising results are obtained in the fight of fungus and also in cases of unexplainable death of fish. The oxigen contained in Ektolcristal helps immediately the breathing of the fish and oxydizes the toxic elements in the water. The small quantity of carrier-substance serves as plant fertilizer."

Effective ingredients according to type and amount:
100 g contains:
Tosylchloramide-sodium 4.8g
Sodium percarbonate 3.0 g
di-sodium tetraborate 0.3 g
Potassium chlorate 0.2g

JBL Ektol fluid
Against mouth rot, fin rot and other external bacterial diseases
Not listed on the site but contains

Methylene blue
Benzalkonium Chloride

Hiya,

UK bottle of Waterlife 'Medizin P' White Spot & Fungus

Protozoacide Fungicide

Treats : White Spot, Velvet, Costia, Trichodina, Cryptobia & Fungus

Medizin P contains .................

Benzalkonium Chloride 5.6% w/w

Formaldehyde 0.08% w/w

Malachite Green 0.08% w/w

Methylene Blue 0.17% w/w

(This Product is sold for Ornamental Pond fish) but trust me on this, correctly dosed it's fine for tropical fish)

Thought i'd throw this into the mix, as being in 500ml bottles at around £15 this can treat 12,000 litres
wink.gif

Tony

Could anyone please suggest an treatment effective for fish lice? I live in the UK, and I'm not really having much luck in finding anything.
Thanks.

Hi all, just wanted to add some info on an ich med that I used on bettas and worked pretty well against white spots:

Kordon-Aquaherbals: ICH-ATTACK (USA)
LABEL: 100% ORGANIC FOR FRESH AND SALTWATER
TREATS DISEASES CAUSED BU: ICH, FUNGUS, PROTOZOANS, AND DINOFLAGELLATES
CONTENTS: 5% ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: MULTIPLE NATURAL HERBALS CONTAINING NAPHTHOQUINONE+95% INERT INGREDIENTS
FOR AQUARIUM AND ORNAMENTAL POND USE ONLY
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN :lol:
http://www.novalek.com/kordon/ich_attack/index.htm
and most importantly: many thanks to "The-Wolf" and others for all the info :good:

Clout tabs ich, epistylis, digentic flukes, trichodina, monogenetic flukes, hexamita, parasitic copepods, argulus, planaria, leeches, body fungus, hydra, lernia and tetrahymena. Inverts must be removed from the treated aquarium until at least 72 hours after treatment is complete. Use cautiously with lionfish, piranha and marine sharks.Do not overdose

active ingredients
Phenylbenzylindene, dimethyl, phosphonate, methylnitro and inert ingredients as non-toxic binders

jungle labs Tank Buddies Ick Clear Tabs(US)
ingredients
Victoria green and acriflavine

jungle labs Tank Buddies Fungus Clear Tablets(US)- Furunculosis (open red sores), eye cloud (white hazy film on eyes), popeye (enlarged eyes), swim bladder disease (fish swims on side or upside down).

ingredients
Nitrofurazone, furazolidone, potassium dichromate

jungle labs Tank Buddies Parasite Clear Tablets(US)-Fish are thin, weak, listless, swim aimlessly, dart wildly, have spasms, mucous at gill, fins closed, held closed to body, skin irrated, scrape against objects, red spots on fins, gills hang partially open, pump fast, tiny bubble-like lumps slowly move on skin/fins, small black specks on skin, tiny threadlike worm hang from body

ingredients
Dimethyl Phosphate, N-2, 6-Diflourobenzamide, Metronidazole and Acriflavin

as mentioned above in your post, fish swims up on side or upside down.
My rossy barb is also doing the same symptom, please suggest some thing!!
EMERGENCY !!

Excuse me, but does anyone know if it's safe to combine E.M. Erythromycin anti-bacterial fish medication with Amquel Plus? I did a 50% water change with my tap water (used stress coat of course as a tap water conditioner) and the tap water gave my tank a slight hint of nitrites.. My fish is extremely sick right now and I know the stress of nitrites present in the tank would not be good. Amquel Plus reduces nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia. Any input?

Awee Thanks for this! will be mega useful to me :p This forum is becoming my study bible lol Not so sure about your profile picture though . . EEK SPIDER! lol

eSHa, Sera and JBL medications are sold throughout western Europe, they are not restricted to UK.

Edit:
eSHa said:
[…]

eSHa 2000 does work against [gram positive and gram negative] bacteria but not against all bacteria.

Kind regards,
[…]
eSHa Labs

I have had great luck with "E.M. Erythromycin" for tail rot and mouth rot and it worked great, I just didn't see it in the medicines i don't think, by API.

:lol: :good:
2012-08-07114906.jpg

UK Med for camallanus worms. Sera Nemotol.

Attachments

• 41X5vvEo7CL._SS500_.jpg
    41X5vvEo7CL._SS500_.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back