That horrifying nightmare episode from Pingu

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Blackwater guru

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I used to watch the cartoon series called Pingu when I was very young boy growing up as a 2000's kid in Sweden.

Usually the show is very wholesome and cute but there is one episode that scared me so badly I could not sleep at all for the rest of the night.

And keep in mind I was 19 when I first saw the episode this year and I did not see this episode growing up which I am glad I didn't because I would be traumatised .

This episode is infamous for scaring so many kids and toddlers it's not even funny
and it's not hard to see why it got banned from airing in so many places.

There are so many things that make this episode the black sheep of the series and that does include the ominous background music , along with the bizzare events that happen.

But the worst thing of all and what really made the episode so infamous in the first place was that freaking walrus with it's almost demonic looking appearance along with the creepy human teeth and the laughter of a deranged serial killer I was so scared I couldn't even say a word and I just looked in pure horror as it ate the mattress of the sentient bed .

The worst thing is that the music actually stops when that thing appears and when it did stop I could actually briefly hear high frequency noises which may have just been me but it scared me even more .

Because of that episode I could not sleep at all for the entire night mainly because I did not want to have nightmares about that thing and even now I am having trouble sleeping because of the memories.

Even now while I was writing this I had to turn the lights on in my room because the painful memories of this episode came back .

If David Lynch and Tim Burton decided to make an episode of Pingu this is exactly how it would look like.

I hate pingu. I dunno why but I've never liked it :rofl:

You mean this guy?
1593401636065.png

Most reactions

Back