The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reret

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
well thanks for not helping me on my fishes red gills because they still have them a year later and every fish i introduce dies so i need someones help on this btw the water parimeters are great and we have a filter a bubbler a heater and a light so i need help because this is getting very old and frustrating

I'm not sure your negative approach to asking for help will get you many replies, but we should at least start with some more info on your situation.

Sounds like you might have posted this already - do you have links to those threads so that people can have a read and try and identify the issue?

:blink:

Was you this rude when you asked for help before?

Red gills usually point to an ammonia issue. What are your stats and water chemistry? What fish? What size tank? What filter? What temperature?

#40## it i`m so sorry mate,
now if you would like to pop a couple of tickets to Riverside CA in the post i will pop over and sort it for you, its obviously my fault or someone else on this board but i will fly over and sort it asap

cheers
riffraff

10 gallons 80 degrees only 2 platys all my parimeters are good and i have a 20 gallon filter im sorry

What is 'good parameters'?

Temperature seems a little high to me for Platies. Try lowering it to 75f/24c. The higher temperature will be starving the water of oxygen which could be leading to red gills.

So you got angry because no one had answered to your questin after 7 whole minutes?

That's a lifetime!

:shifty:

Iiriva said:
So you got angry because no one had answered to your questin after 7 whole minutes?

That's a lifetime!

:shifty:

And I thought diplomacy was dead Reret. A picture, and the actual water stats would be helpful. I am sure you are right saying they are perfect, but let's make sure eh

With red gills, have to agree on ammonia issues even a little amount of ammonia say greater than 0 but less than 0.5 can cause red gills even in platies, i have mine at a tempture of 82F, and they are fine, I use Prime as my chemical and have found this is the best chemical for my tap water, what kind of filtration system do you have? How often are you doing WC? And when was your last media change?

Exact parameters would be good to know. Also, are you using a dechlorinator?

Please fill this out to help us help you;

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

You have been a member here for a bit less than 6 months, so no, we could not have helped you a year ago. You asked about Red Gills back in October, and failed to provide members with the results of water tests. You asked about Reddened Gills back in February, and did not reply at all.

If you expect any sort of reasonable diagnosis we do need the water test results, as well as the rest of the information requested. If you don't correspond with us, as was the case back in February, then no, you probably won't get much help. You have to help us to help you. Please provide the information that has been requested.

I suspect this is what happened a year ago. OP posts, then when asked for some simple details, never bothers to provide them or answer any replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back