Thanks, - But No Thanks....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My oldest cat caught a bat once :crazy: I heard dad calling me to help rescue what he thought was a bird, and when I went to look there was a tiny pipistrelle bat hanging on our ironing board. Such a beautiful animal. We were aware that it's illegal to mess with them, but he was cold and wouldn't fly, so we put him in a box, left him to warm up and then put the box on our balcony. He was gone by morning :)
Luckily that one cat will give me anything she catches, so usually I get to them whilst they're still in good enough condition to release.

The other cat is a nightmare- I ended up chasing her round our garden as she had a baby rabbit recently. Ended up throwing bits of cat food into my neighbours garden in an attempt to convince her that the food was better than the rabbit :rolleyes: I only got the poor creature from her when our German Shepherd pup distracted her long enough for me to grab the rabbit from her. The rabbit was fine so she went straight back into the field :3

LOL you have 2 fantastic cats :D

Hahaha thanks! :D They're great old things, really affectionate and cuddly. They catch less things as they're starting to slow down with age now. Our oldest is 15 years old and is so incredibly proud of herself if she catches anything. Her back end isn't too good any more and she spends most of her time indoors now, so I think the wildlife around us can rest a bit easier for one less cat out and about :rolleyes:

I don't have a cat, but seeing as there are so many in the neighbourhood, we often get dead shrews/voles/mice left on our doorstep. Dad always goes on about how it's a gift but "thanks but no thanks" is certainly an appropriate phrase! :lol:

Your cat is just jealous, after all he heard Chuck Norris brought you a wild elephant to your desk.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back