Thank you and good night

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi I would like to thank the members of this forum and apologize to any one I have offended. I never realized how far the fish keeping hobby had moved on, and I never thought that my views would be seen as old fashioned. Interesting things that I have learnt about the new way of keeping fish,

The bacteria in an aquarium doesn't live in water
A cycling process takes 8 weeks
That if a fish is stunted their organs keep growing and blow out of their bodies
That cory cats can only live on sand
That raising fry in a couple of liters of water on the top of the tank is the best way
That 75% water changes are the best thing
That egg yoke cause swim bladder problems and under formed body organs

These are just a few of the great things I have learnt from this site, so thank you,

I shall hang around and may annoy you occasionally, if any body who thinks anything I said has merit leave a message I will get back to you, But for now good bye happy fish keeping, Look after yourselves, take care,

leave.jpg

I think there's lots of learning all around - years of experience aren't for nothing but through the years we've more research to look to.

We are definitely not mad at you! I have learned a lot from this site already and I’ve only been here a short time. Your methods may be “old school”, but you do have a lot of knowledge!

This is not necessarily true... not meaning to argue, but my cycle only took around 4 weeks in my 10g tank. After that, I just used an instant cycle on all my other tanks. :)

That was rude. @itiwhetu never said he was leaving:
I shall hang around and may annoy you occasionally

Hi I would like to thank the members of this forum and apologize to any one I have offended. I never realized how far the fish keeping hobby had moved on, and I never thought that my views would be seen as old fashioned. Interesting things that I have learnt about the new way of keeping fish,

That if a fish is stunted their organs keep growing and blow out of their bodies
That raising fry in a couple of liters of water on the top of the tank is the best way
That 75% water changes are the best thing

These are just a few of the great things I have learnt from this site, so thank you,

I shall hang around and may annoy you occasionally, if any body who thinks anything I said has merit leave a message I will get back to you, But for now good bye happy fish keeping, Look after yourselves, take care,
For the record, I don’t think eggs should be kept in container in 2” of water either. Nor do I believe a stunted fish will blow up. You have to choose your battles though. :)

Oh I was never mad brotato cake, haha, on the contrary: differing opinions just mean more opportunity to learn =P

Hope ya stick around though, I mean experience is experience and I've no doubt there are a lot of people who run into issues that you have a solution for which no one else had thought of.

Like the drip acclimate bottle I made for my girlfriends shrimp tank with a dremel, a $1 water bottle, and an airline valve/bit of hose ^.^ (there is a piece of airline hose running through the bottom metal piece into the bottle, connected/siliconed off with aquarium safe silicone)

P.S. my phone camera sucks (cracked lens cover makes foggy photos)

Attachments

• 16029509863438019015553248308305.jpg
    16029509863438019015553248308305.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 58
For the record, I don’t think eggs should be kept in container in 2” of water either. Nor do I believe a stunted fish will blow up. You have to choose your battles though. :)
He's taking what people have said to an absurd level, hyperbole, to make us sound ridiculous. Worse, a lot of it is things he and I have debated over, and he's digging at me, while pretending to be civil.

I see you, @itiwhetu , and you're not subtle.
This morning alone, within an hour of making this post, you said;
I ran pygmy cats in a gravel base tank, no sand didn't bother them. They bred and were happy as. There is an obsession with sand and corys on this site which is completely un justified.

People didn't say that cories would die on a gravel base, they said they couldn't practice their natural behaviours of filter feeding unless on a fine sand base, and that there's a higher risk, depending on the gravel type - of cories developing an infection by trying injuring their barbels on gravel while trying to dig for food. You know, practicing their natural behaviours. Not that they would die without sand. You're using hyperbole to mischaracterise what we said, and we see you doing it.
Because this is a sad forum site with everyone just agreeing with each other. And not asking questions
Less than an hour later, you claim it's great and you've learned a lot, and you never said anything bad about the forum...
Like keeping fry in a couple of liters of water on the top of a tank
And this was a direct dig at me for not leaving my cory eggs where they were laid as you demanded I do on my thread, since I didn't want them to be eaten by the adults. I followed the same methods laid out by Ian fuller, a recognised expert on corydoras, but that's not good enough for you, you insisted you had to say something "because I don't want others going down the same path. There are better ways to raise fry". I had to practically beg you to actually explain what way you actually thought was better, instead of just criticising me, and you admitted it wouldn't work in my tank, but have continued to make digs at me in at least two other threads about it.

Has it reached the point of harassment yet?

Hi I would like to thank the members of this forum and apologize to any one I have offended.
Hardly seems sincere, when the next list of "things I've learned" are completely mischaracterised, and you said the opposite less than an hour before making this thread...

First one, true. Glad you finally accepted that one.
Cycling - depends on the method, and still varies somewhat. The cycling threads go into a lot of detail, but there's fishless cycling, fish-in cycling, silent cycles, seeded cycles, planted cycles... different methods, different time frames, individual tank variability.

Who said the organs would blow out of their bodies?
I can't help but think this is yet another dig at me, since I mentioned stunting caused by fish in too small a tank yesterday, and you replied only to tell me I should have been kinder.

And no where did I say the organs would blow out of their bodies. That the fish would be stunted and organs not stunt, causing the fish to have a shortened lifespan, yes. But it doesn't swell up and pop like a cartoon, and no one said it did. More hyperbole to make us sound ridiculous. So passive aggressive!

It's spelled 'yolk'. A yoke is what they used to have oxen pull ploughs, back in the day.

Again, you said something different less than an hour before this, after saying it was unjustified that we were 'obsessed' that cories be on sand. If you want a fish to be able to practice a behaviour that comes naturally to them, the very way they feed - then yes, a fine sand substrate is the best for cories. But no ones said they would die on gravel, unless they damaged their barbels while digging into rough gravel to fetch food, and develop secondary infections.. a common problem for cories on gravel, just because you didn't experience it yourself doesn't make it invalid.
Yet another dig at me about my cory fry. If you'd paid attention to my thread instead of just screaming that we were all wrong, you'd realise that my fry are in a NET breeder box, so contained, but in 12.5 gallons of water, not a couple of litres. But again, I'm gonna trust Ian Fuller over you, I'm sorry that bothers you so much.

There are also different methods of raising fry for different species. I haven't seen anyone argue that that's only one way to raise all fry, except you.

Again, if you have some personal issue with me, or my advice, or how I raise my fish, I suggest you take it to pm and tell me straight, instead of this passive aggressive rubbish thrown at me in other threads - pretending to be okay while making digs elsewhere is petty and childish, and it seems I'm not the only one fed up with it.

But for now good bye happy fish keeping, Look after yourselves, take care,
[emphasis added]
Can hardly blame @kwi for thinking you were leaving when you also said this. When you talk out of both sides of your mouth, you don't get to complain when people get mixed messages.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back