Thai wonder

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Those bright green swimming things aren't too shabby, either,
This from SF
It is a schooling species typically occurring in groups of 20-50 individuals in nature, therefore the purchase of at least 8-10 is recommended. Maintaining it in decent numbers will not only make the fish less nervous but will result in a more effective, natural-looking display. Males will also display their best colours as they compete with one other for female attention.
As I usually say more is better ... :fish:

I got this as an emergency tank last year. Like any 3rd child (at least when I grew up) it's mostly hand me downs and cast offs from the 2 older siblings.

The sand is black limpopo sand. Its not really black but shades of grey. Plants are frogbit, anubias nana, cryptocoryne wendtii, 2 types of hygrophila and an amazon sword. Also some duckweed which was not really planned
@seangee Can you send me the picture of the bag if you have one, I might order it from LFS.

Last edited:
Mine is
@seangee Can you send me the picture of the bag if you have one, I might order it from LFS.
Mine is a UK supplier's own brand. DO a search for Unipac black limpopo sand. I believe that is a global brand and is the same.

I have also wondered where you get your sand, it looks awesome.

This is the one where the plants are doing least well. I can also now confirm that JBL Ferropol root tabs are not as good as Seachem flourish tabs, which I cannot currently source in large packs. This tank has been running at 0dGH. I don't think its the problem but I started gradually increasing this today to aim for a target of 3dGH.
SMG_6846.jpg

I like the look what are the small fish?
Microdevario kubotai. The don't seem to have a universal common name. Saw them referred to as green rasbora on another site today but every store labels them differently. Pretty sure when I bought these they were labeled emerald tetra, but I did ask for them by name. You could not actually tell what they were in the store as they were so pale they appeared colourless.

This is the one where the plants are doing least well. I can also now confirm that JBL Ferropol root tabs are not as good as Seachem flourish tabs, which I cannot currently source in large packs. This tank has been running at 0dGH. I don't think its the problem but I started gradually increasing this today to aim for a target of 3dGH.
View attachment 101111
Nice shot Sean :snap:

Whats the thin leaved plants in the back row, from the centre to the right?

Nice shot Sean :snap:

Whats the thin leaved plants in the back row, from the centre to the right?
Hygrophila costata. Its the same as I have in the back left of the community tank - but a lot more spindly in this one.

There is some more in tha back right, you can see where the sids have been chewing the leaves :)

Microdevario kubotai. The don't seem to have a universal common name. Saw them referred to as green rasbora on another site today but every store labels them differently. Pretty sure when I bought these they were labeled emerald tetra, but I did ask for them by name. You could not actually tell what they were in the store as they were so pale they appeared colourless.
That is what I thought they were, I was thinking of picking some up. On Ebay one seller had them for 4.50 each plus 15.00 postage.

That is what I thought they were, I was thinking of picking some up. On Ebay one seller had them for 4.50 each plus 15.00 postage.
I like them. Try to get as big a group as possible. They are very active but peaceful. They love playing in high flow areas and mostly feed from the surface.

I remember these, will definitely take a look if they show up. Are they about the size as Ember Tetras?

Also, I'm glad you posted again , I watched a rerun of "It's War!"
My CPDs are strong and healthy. I added 4 (3m 1f) into a 10g that housed 6 (5 adult, 1 juvie) WCMMs, and 2 Amano shrimp.
So I have the 10 fish and 2 shrimp in that tank and it's doing great.

I'll post some images on the other thread.

I remember these, will definitely take a look if they show up. Are they about the size as Ember Tetras?

My CPDs are strong and healthy. I added 4 (3m 1f) into a 10g that housed 6 (5 adult, 1 juvie) WCMMs, and 2 Amano shrimp.

I don't have ember tetras, but they are a similar size to the CPD

[/QUOTE
You are right they are the size of ember tetras. No one around here carries them so I will have to spend more and buy online if I decide to get them

I don't have ember tetras, but they are a similar size to the CPD
Okay, I was asking if the Kubotai were the size as Ember tetras. Just to get an idea. I I just posted pics of my CPDs. I'm proud of them :)

Most reactions

trending

Back