The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
SnowwhiteShortBodyHM.jpg

Hmm, so long as he had no health problems and could swim ok. His shape worries me though, that short a body is surely going to cause problems...

He's got some amazing finnage, but he could only ever be a pet.

Spawning him would be irresponsible to say the least (not saying you would! :)).

HE IS Gorgeous and the Other SB I have has behaved and acted just like any other Betta. Greedy git eats 10 pellets in a feeding.

wow warn me next time, I almost flooded the computer with the tidal wave! He is very drool worthy, pet would be fine by me!

I love his colour and finnage :drool:

Not sure about SBs though, are there any ill effects on the internal organs?

Surely there is.

most of a bettas body at the back is just empty excess fluid.
The only organ in the back half of a normal betta is the exit tube :hey: :p
in short bodys the organs are all in the same place except that the ''exit tube'' is a bit shorter [same lenth as body]

most of a bettas body at the back is just empty excess fluid.
The only organ in the back half of a normal betta is the exit tube :hey: :p
in short bodys the organs are all in the same place except that the ''exit tube'' is a bit shorter [same lenth as body]

Incorrect info there! For a start the "exit" tube is midway along the bottom of the body, and the Swimbladder extends to the base of the caudal fin. It is because the swimbladder extends along the length of the body, that other "Deformed" fish like fancy goldfish suffer from swimbladder issues. In my personal opinion, the breeding of fish with these deformaties is very wrong and should be frowned upon by betta keepers.

i dont think SB's should be bred and see it as irresponsible - the reason they breed them in thailand is they see the short bodies as being lucky - which is part of their culture same as fighting the fish
these fish very often have problems spawning

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back