Tff Member's Nano Tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

steelhealr

Hug a mod Nano Reef Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Based on the interest of our members, I am going to start and pin a compendium of our member's nano reef tanks. Please read the following rules carefully or posts will be deleted. This thread is meant to document the beauty and work that some of our members have put into their tank.

RULES

1.Members' submissions must be from their own tanks.

2. Submissions should contain photos of their tanks and completion of a 'tank specs' form that can be copied and pasted from the sample below.

3. Refrain from posting any comments or questions on this thread. These will be deleted. If you have any questions about a particular member's tank, PM them directly with your inquiries. Do not post your submission here if you will not have the courtesy to respond to questions. By posting here, you accept the responsibility of helping your fellow TFF members. Take pride in your tank. Help others to enjoy the same success that you've had by responding. You maintain the ability to edit the thread as needed.

4. Criteria for posting:
  • Tanks must be 30 gallons or less.
  • You may submit more than one tank on separate posts (eg, if you own a nano and pico)
  • At the present time, nano reef tanks only.
  • The tank must be owned and maintained by the person posting the submission.
  • If your tank does not include an item, you may place N/A next to the spec(eg, if you don't have a refugium)
  • If your setup included a graphic 'sketchup' done by yourself, you may include it
  • Please disable emoticons to keep the thread looking clean. You may keep your signature.
5. There will be a ZERO TOLERANCE attitude for dishonesty. This undermines all the hard work of the other posting members here. If a submission does not look genuine, or, written material appears to have been plagiarized, that member may be questioned by either myself or Navarre. If doubt exists, the post maybe deleted. If a post is confirmed as false by either or both mods, the member will be warned and may face disciplinary action.

Guidelines for Posting Your Nano Reef

Tank: -brand, stand, glass or acrylic

Volume:

Lighting: - brand, spectrum, watts, height if indicated, cooling, lighting interval

Filtration: - weight and type of LR, media, pumps, plumbing

Refugium: - makeup, plumbing

Substrate: - type, weight, color, depth

Aquascape Theme: - what you tried to achieve

Equipment: - heater, chiller, probes

Skimmers: - do you skim or not, surface, protein

Water Parameters:
Average temp
pH
average nitrate level
Calcium
kH
specific gravity

Corals: - you may list your corals; feel free to list by name and genus/species

Fish::

Invertebrates:

Feeding: schedule, type, plankton, methods

Maintenance:: water change volume and frequency, salt mix type, equipment, RO filter type or water source[/i]

Comments: - Any additional notes you'd like to give

Ok here goes.

Slightly over Nano size so my appologies in advance.

denisetank.jpg

Tank: -
30" x 18" x 12"

Volume:
23 UK gallons

Lighting:
1x Compact T5 (10k & Actinic)

Filtration: -
5Kg of liverock

Substrate: -
1-1.5" Aragonite sand

Equipment: -
1x 1200 Power jet

Skimmers: -
Deltec MCE 600

Cleanup Crew
3 Hermits, 12 Snails

Fish
Pair of Clarkii Clowns
Midas Blenny
Royal Gramma
Cream Angel

Inverts/Corals
Various Zoos
Small Sarcophyton
Striped Mushroom

smallmarinetankbanner.jpg

Tank: Glass, Central Brace, Euro Brace 2cms in Diameter

Volume: 20 Gallons

Lighting: Spectrum Unknown, 30W T8 each x 4, No cooling, 3” (8cm’s) from Water Surface

Filtration: - Approx. 12-20 Kilos of LR. External Eheim Canister Filter.

Refugium: None at the moment. Hoping to get one installed this year. Most likely a design from Melev and his site dedicated to Sumps.

Substrate: - Fine Sand (1mm-2mm Grain)

Aquascape Theme: - Mixed Reef

Equipment: - Heater and Internal circulation power head Rated 1200gph (12X Turnover from Power head alone).

Skimmer: - I do not skim.

Water Parameters:
Average temp: Ranges from 26-29C During Summer
pH: 8.2
average nitrate level: 0-10ppm (Mostly 0, 10 after heavy coral feed)
Calcium: 400-450
kH: 143.2
specific gravity: 1.027

Corals: - Plate Coral, Button Coral, Flower Pot (Spawned), Mushrooms, Open Brain, Brain Coral, Star Polyps, and more.

Fish: Two Clowns and One Dwarf Lion Fish.

Feeding: Feeding Fish once every second day, corals once every three days. I use pellets, Flake, Frozen and Live Brine Shrimp for the fish, And Coral Food includes Frozen Shrimp and Fish Flesh.

Maintenance: RO water used for daily top-up. NSW (Natural Sea Water) used for monthly water change of approx. 50%.

Comments: - I bought this tank complete off a fellow hobbyist. It was a good way of starting the hobby.

Since I set up the tank, I have had some success and some failures. Failures are inevitable but can down your spirits. Great successes on the other hand make the hobby worthwhile.

I have made a year plan on what I would like to accomplish and purchase. As well, I have placed them in logical sequence so my tank can be at optimum for as long as possible, and that my in-habitants gain the most benefit. These steps include buying my own RO unit, getting a sump built, increasing my current tank size by 2” in depth to fit the stand, buying a top-up system, and then lastly replacing lighting.

A big Thanks, to all who encouraged me over the edge to marine (SH, Navarre, and Parker313 to name but a few). Thank you very much. It has been worth it!

febtankshot2.jpg

Tank:
Superfish Aqua-65 Bowfront

Volume:
15G

Lighting:
Aqua-One PR45 2*18W Luminaire - 1*7200KWhite, 1*12,000K Blue
Arcadia 15W Freshwater tube, Juwel reflector + Interpet starter

Filtration:
6KG of Fiji LR, 2KG of (now live) Ocean Rock,
Internal 3 Stage Filter (Ehfi Mech/Carbon/Sponge) with 640L/H Pump
Eheim 2213 External Filter with Ehfi Mech + Ehfi Substrat (440L/H)

Substrate:
TMC White Coral Sand, 1-2" depth.

Aquascape Theme:
My aim was simply to make the tank look bigger than it really was and I think i have achieved this well. As long as it doesnt go horribly wrong I dont mind what "Theme" it is!

Equipment:
Rena 25W Heater
Evaporation Tray (cleaned alot)

Skimmers:
TMC Sander Maxi-Skim 200 (on only during the day)

Water Parameters:
Average temp - 24
pH - 8.2
average nitrate level - Less than .5ppm if i keep up with weekly water change.
Calcium - don't test it
kH - Same
specific gravity - 1.026

Corals:
Pussey Coral
Leather Toadstool
Red Finger Gorgonia
Orange Tree Gorgonia
Red Polyp Zoanthids
Yellow Polyp Zoanthids
Orange Polyp Zoanthids
Giant Green Button polyps
Red-Sea Silver Xenia
Green Star Polyps
Pineapple Star Polyps
White-Spot Star Polyps
Dwarf Xenia Encrusting Polyps
Green Stripe Mushroom
Purple Watermelon Mushrooms
Blue Spot Mushrooms
Green Furry Mushrooms
Blue/Green Ricordia Mushroom
Red/Green Ricordia Mushroom
Red/Pink Knobbly Mushrooms
Green/Yellow/Blue Frilly Mushrooms

Fish:

Blue Pipefish
Black & White Common Clown
Neon Blue Goby
Bi-Colour Blenny

Invertebrates:

4x Sexy Shrimp
Cleaner Shrimp
Hawiaan Striped Hermit
2x Red Leg Hermit
1x Green Leg Hermit
Yellow Feather Duster
Striped Indonesian Feather Duster
Many micro brittle stars, amphiopods, copepods, worms etc.

Feeding:
I feed 1-2 times a day from a syringe which contains a mix of frozen plankton, mussel and brineshrimp.
I also feed Salifert Coral Food and Salifert All-In-One 1-2 times a week.

Maintenance:
I usually change about 10% of the water once a week and top up as needed (usually 1-2 times a week). I use TMC Tropic Marin Salt and Local Tap water with NOTHING added. I use a very powerful tap to expel the chlorine, then drip feed it into my tank with a bit of air-line.

Comments:
I researched alot before i got this tank and thankfully it paid off. I have had very few problems and a seemingly quite mature tank after only a little over 6 months. I hope to move onto a bigger tank at some point, possibly a 2ft cube i have in the garage...

Thanks to everyone on here who replied to my Diary post as it has inspired me alot.

nano142.jpg

nano143.jpg

Tank: 2005 JBJ 24G Nano Cube with LED Moonlights

Volume: 24G (actual volume is reported at 18G)

Lighting: stock lighting, 72 watts 50/50 actinic 10,000K PC; lighting interval 12 hours daily; dual fans

Filtration: 20lbs live rock from Premiumaquatics.com, Kaelini, Marshall Islands and Fiji. Additional 3lbs added, Solomon Islands. 3lbs live rock rubble. 3 rear chambers modified as follows:
Chamber 1: stock pump, 295gph, ChemiPure, Purigen, SeaGel, Algone, filter fiber changed weekly
Chamber 2: LR rubble, chaetomorpha, temp and pH probes, external fuge light, 27Watts PC 10,000K
Chamber 3: Maxijet 1200, 295gph, heater, Hydor Flo outflow nozzle
Total circulation about 590gph. No ceramics, bioballs or sponges.

Refugium: Converted rear middle chamber as described above.

Substrate: 20lbs Caribsea Arag-Alive aragonite sand; 3 lbs fine sand from established tank; depth about 1-1 1/2 inches

Aquascape Theme: I attempted to create an atoll or 'C'-shaped design in order to provide areas of low flow if needed for particular corals and an area of open sandbed for bottom dwelling corals. Desperately tried to avoid the clump of rock look.

Equipment: Ebo Jager 100 watt heater, DIY'd a plastic manual topoff container, PinPoint pH probe and Coralife digital thermometer, backup LCD thermometer.

Skimmers: Nanobob surface skimmer; AquaC Remora protein skimmer. I do not skim continuously and rely mostly on water changes. If skimming is necessary I do it the next day after feeding.

Water Parameters:
Average temp: 81.5-82.7 F
pH: 8.2
average nitrate level: presently 0-10; have reached 15-20 with closure of corals
Calcium: 380 ppm
kH: 8-9
specific gravity: 1.026

Corals:

Softies
  • Zoanthids
  • Ricordea florida
  • Organ Pipe
  • Various color mushrooms
  • Yellow Fiji leather
  • Spaghetti Finger leather
LPS
  • Open brain, wellsophyllia
  • Closed brain, favites
  • Orange plate coral
  • Anchor coral
  • Acanthastrea echinata
  • Orange tube coral
  • Trumpet Coral
  • Fox Coral
Fish:
Sixline wrasse
Banggai Cardinalfish
True Percula Clownfish
Yashia Haze Goby/Randall's pistol shrimp

Invertebrates:
Astrea snails
Red legged hermit
Blue legged hermits
Trochus snails
Nassarius snails
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner
Brittle star (hitchhiker)
Randall's banded pistol shrimp
Black Longspine urchin

Feeding: I try to feed every other day. I rotate between Ocean Formula II flake, Nutrafin Slow Sinking pellet and mysid and enriched brine shrimp for the fish. Occassionally I put a shrimp pellet in the goby/shrimp's cave. I spot feed the tube coral with varying mixtures of Cyclopeeze, mysid shrimp, enriched brine and baby brine shrimp. I stopped using plankton after I lost all filter feeders. I use a 'veggie' clip to put nori in the tank to supplement the urchin.

Maintenance: Weekly 17% water changes; RO/DI water from a six stage AquaSafe filter; Reef Crystals sea salt. I have recently started to try weekly filter fiber changes.

Comments: Early NanoCube 24G's had problems with cracking. Make sure you buy a 2006 version which comes with a skimmer and serial number. Nano reefs are not easy to maintain at times and require dedication to maintenance. If you are going to start one firstoff instead of going with a larger tank, I STRONGLY URGE YOU to read and research for several weeks and develop a plan. My nano cube sat in it's box for over a month before setup. Despite how nice the tank may look to some, there have been many critical moments where the tank could have crashed. Don't let the small size fool you and your wallet into thinking that a smaller tank is cheaper. I got my beginnings in the TFF FW section. Salt and fresh give you a unique vantage point on the biotopes of both water environments. SH

DSC00250.JPG

Tank: AQUAEL, glass 27*45*30, 10G

Lighting: 14 watts

Substrate: - 1.5 inches, sand

Equipment: N/A

Skimmers: No

Water Parameters:
Average temp
pH
average nitrate level
Calcium
kH
specific gravity

Corals: Unidentified

Fish: firefish, boxfish

Invertebrates: 3 shrimp

Feeding: tera

DSCF3248.jpg

Tank: -AGA tank and stand

Volume: 25 gal tank, 40gal system

Lighting: - Coralife Pro 24" 150watt HQI Metal Halide with 2x65watt true actinic 03 and 2x1 watt blue moonlights

Filtration: - aprox 15 gal sump/refugium, Sealife Systems skimmer (soon to be replaced) a HOB power filter, 20lbs LR, 15lbs baserock and a SSB

Refugium: - 15 gal split into a sump and refugium. The fuge had a 20watt bulb and some red macro algae and a 4" sand bed. It also houses a big mean crab.

Substrate: - just put in a new sand bed, it's about 1-1/2" now

Aquascape Theme: - I got sick of the look of my tank so i decided to reaquascape it, and this is what i got :D

Equipment: - No heaters or chillers

Skimmers: - SeaLife Systems (soon to be replaced with the new coalife super skimmer)

Water Parameters:
Average temp-78
pH-8.2
average nitrate level-5
Calcium-450
specific gravity-1.025

Corals: - Pink Tiped Frogspawn, Pipe Organ, Candy Cane, florida ric, some shrooms and some pulsing xenia

Fish: -Blue Damsel, A Baby Maroon Clown, lawnmower blenny and a Yellow Candy Hogfish

Invertebrates: Crabs and Snails and a big feather duster. I also just added a small Deresa Clam and a very big skunk cleaner.

Feeding: I usually feed once a day to every other day alternating between mysis, flakes and brine

Maintenance: - I get my saltwater premixed at my LFS and they use Topic marin. FOr top off i either use distilled or RO/Di from my LFS

Comments: - I still have a lot of work to do, so this will probally be updated. This tank will be mostly SPS when i'm done with it. Oh and don't mind the green rock lol, thats the baserock i just got and it's going through an algae cycle before the coraline takes over.
:UPDATE: I just put in a new sandbed and my royal gramma died from an ich breakout.

Tank: - Glass, 36"x18"x12"

Volume:
30gal display tank, 41 gal total system volume

Lighting: - 150w MH arcadia 3 series, 1x 18" t8 on refugium

Filtration: -15kg of LR in tank, sump and external canister filter.

Refugium: - bubble traps, skimmer and algae (see pic below)

Substrate: - medium fine rounded coral sand

Aquascape Theme: - the drop off ;)

Equipment: - 200w aquaone heater located in sump

Skimmers: - red sea prizum protein skimmer running slowflow in refugium 24/7

Water Parameters:
Average temp: 76
pH: 8.2-8.5
average nitrate level: 0
Calcium: 420ppm
dkH: 10
specific gravity: 1.026
Corals:
Pussey coral
metalic green star xenia
fijian toadstool
lots of mushrooms
carpet xenia
lots of various polyps and sand polyps
feather jasmin xenia
cabbage coral

1 feather duster
1 florida pink tip anemone
1 banded serpant star
2 cleaner shrimps
9 rock hermits
5 astria turbo snails

Fish:
orchid dottyback
a pair of clowns one black and white, one perc
manderin

Feeding: feed twice a day. Frozen mix.

Maintenance:: 10% once a week, mixed 24 hours before, useing RO water i get free from work and instant ocean salt, every 2 weeks i add a drop of trace elements, iodine and salifert all in one to the water change.

Comments: tanks been up and running about 13 month now, doing well. The tank is place to it sticks out into the room to devide my office area and recreation area. Any comments or questions PM me.

Display tank:
S1010078.jpg

S1010079.jpg

S1010080.jpg

S1010081.jpg

S1010082.jpg

S1010083.jpg

heres a pic of the tank today.
Image046.jpg

Refugium:
S1010044.jpg

Edit: updated as i have switched to a bigger tank. dont know if its still classed as a nano or not now.

Tank:
All Glass 20L

Volume:
20G

Lighting:
24" coralife dual 65W Power Compact

Filtration:
~25# Live Rock
20# Live Sand
Fluval 205

Refugium: NA

Substrate:
ArgaLive Fine white sand, 1.5-2"

Aquascape Theme:
Reefs edge

Equipment:
100W Visi-Therm Stealth
Rio 600, Coralife digital thermometer
Salifert test kits

Skimmers:
Seaclone 100
Surface skimmer for Fluval

Water Parameters:
Average temp 78
pH 8.3
average nitrate level 0
Calcium 420ppm
kH 10
specific gravity 1.025

Corals:
Xenia

Fish:
2 Female Kuda Seahorses
1 Twin Spot Goby
1 Female Mandrin Dragonet
1 Neon Goby

Invertebrates:
5 Scarlet Hermits
1 Trochas
1 Fighting conch
1 Feather Duster
Lots of coco worms

Feeding:
Bio-Pure Frozen Mysis x2 daily
SFB Frozen Brine x2 daily
Cyclop-eez x1 daily

Maintenance::
5G water change weekly
Instant ocean swichting to oceanic
RO/DI from LFS

Comments: Now when I got the Twin Spot the guy at the LFS said they've never eatten frozen and they don't last longer than six months for the same reason mandrins don't. Well mine eats frozen like its a drug and I didnt have to do any 'training' or anything. Now the LFS is even trying to get theirs to eat frozen because I told them about mine.

Tank: Glass AquaOne, no stand (sits on small table).

Volume: 5 US Gallons.

Lighting: - PowerGlo 18,000K, 8 watts, directly 10 inches above substrate surface, no cooling, on 10 hours a day.

Filtration: - AquaClear 200 HOB Filtration with sponge cleaned out daily, 5 Pounds (2.25KG) of LR, Mini Eheim pump powerhead, no plumbing.

Refugium: - No refugium.

Substrate: - About 1kg of Crushed Coral Substrate, Beige in color, 1 inch depth.

Aquascape Theme: - A typical nano reef ecosystem supporting fish, invertabrates and corals.

Equipment: - 75w heater, no chiller, no probes.

Skimmers: - No skimmer (weekly water changes suffice)

Water Parameters:
Average temp: 26C/79F
pH: 8.5
average nitrate level: Consistent 0ppm
Calcium: 380ppm
kH: 10
specific gravity: 1.024

Corals: - Xenia Polyps, Assorted Colony Polyps, Mushrooms and hard Coral Skeletons.

Fish: - 2 Occelaris Clownfish

Invertebrates: - 1 Camel Shrimp, 1 Nassarius Snail, 1 Turbo Snail, 4 Blue Legged Hermits, 1 Brittlestar.

Feeding: Daily feeding of flakes, bloodworms, brine and spirulina randomly selected.

Maintenance:: 10% water change weekly, Red Seas Salt mix used, Aquasonic test kits for water testing and prime for water treatment, RO water taken from RO water machine at nearby store.

Comments: - My first SW tank and more an experiment for experience. Nano reef was said by many to be the hardest of aquariums to keep and I was up to the challenge. The tank itself was still simple as I chose some of the most easiest corals/creatures to keep. All in all it was a success, no deaths were experienced and it gave me enough experience to furthur into other fields of SW aquaria.

swtank2.JPG

Tank: "418 aquarium tank" on stand

Volume: 8 uk gallons

Lighting: - T5 1 blue 1 white

Filtration: - 304 fluval and 4kg live rock

Refugium: - none

Substrate: - tCrushed coral 2.5cm deep

Aquascape Theme: - Natural reef

Equipment: - heater

Skimmers: - dont skim

Water Parameters:
Average temp 26.78
pH - 8.4
average nitrate level 5
Calcium 360
specific gravity 1.023

Corals: -

1 Purple Tube Anenome (Cerianthus lloydi)
3 Beadlet Anenomies (Actinia equina)

Fish::

1 Falce Ocellaris Clownfish "Nemo"
1 Black & White Percula Clownfish "Zebra"

Invertebrates:

1 Indian sea star (Fromia indica) "Peach"
1 Red Leg Hermit Crabs
1 Nerite Turbo Snail

Feeding: schedule, type, plankton, methods

Maintenance:: 6L ater change weekly with Salt water RO

Comments: - Been set up for 1 month now!

Heres some updated pics :)

FTS
FTS8.3.07.jpg

Xenia
xenialarge.jpg

Star polyps and brown polyps
starpolyps.jpg

Some of my zoos
zoas.jpg

Clown Fish
clownfish.jpg

Toadstool
toadstool.jpg

Clown Goby
goby.jpg

Sun Coral (closed
suncoralclosed.jpg

Attachments

• tank__.JPG
    tank__.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 197
  • zebra_and_nemo.JPG
    zebra_and_nemo.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 209
  • tube_anenome.JPG
    tube_anenome.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 186
  • starfish.JPG
    starfish.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 183
Tank: -Aqua one 620, made out of glass with pre made stand

Volume: aroun 23 gallons

Lighting: - stock power compact lighting, 50/50 10k/14k, 18w each, 10 hours daily

Filtration: - 12kg of rock, bag of activatd carbon

Refugium: - not exactly a refugium but i have chaetomorpha algae and caulerpa

Substrate: - medium corsness, aragonite and its light coloured

Aquascape Theme: - I aimed to have to 'pillars' and jon them

Equipment: - seio 620, stock pump (750lph), rio 2100 (for TMC v2 400)

Skimmers: - I protein skim using a TMC v2 400 and it does a pretty good job.

Water Parameters:
Average temp 26c
pH 8.0
average nitrate level 0ppm
Calcium n/a
kH n/a
specific gravity 1.024

Corals: - you may list your corals; feel free to list by name and genus/species
well the only coral i have atm is a green stripe mushroom

Fish:: 2 occelaris clownfish and a sixline wrasse

Invertebrates: 4 scarlet hermit crabs, 2 nassarius snails, 2 turbo snails, scarlet cleaner shrimp and a peppermint shrimp

Feeding: I feed flake in the morning and either fozen mysis or marine mix. I aim to feed every day but i alternate

Maintenance:: I change 10 litres every week using RO/ DI water with TMC salt. I also clean all filters monthly and change carbon every 3 weeks

Comments: - This is my first slatwater tank and I try to do my best with it. I hope to stock with corals now as my tank just looks a bit bare.

P5290225.jpg

P5290227.jpg

P2160334.jpg

Tank: - All glass aquarium

Volume: 20 gallons H

Lighting: - Sunpod, 14,000k powerpaq light, 150, 6 inches above water, a 4 inch or 3 inch fan that came with the light and a desk light that blows near the lightbulb, 6-7 hours a day.

Filtration: - 25-30 pounds of live rock (the person i bought it off from said it was 30 pounds but i didnt use a piece and gave that piece away), a bag of phosban and a bag of activated carbon, and a maxi-jet 1200 for flow, i plan on upgrading to a hydor koralia 2 one day though. I have no idea where my rock is from, probably fiji, doesnt look caribbean to me.... I got the rock out of a guys refugium so it has SO many pods. When i get fish they will feast like a king.

Refugium: - N/A

Substrate: - Dry aragonite oolictic sand, 25 pounds, about 1-2 inches deep at someplaces and up to 30 inches in other places, white natural color, and a cup of live sand i got from the person who sold me the live rock.

Aquascape Theme: - I tried to achieve 2 separate hills with a flat bridge to go in between the hills so i have a cave under the bridge and a flat surface to put my corals on. I got what i wanted but not quite as how i thought it would be.

Equipment: - 1 visi-therm 100 heater and a 4" fan

Skimmers: - I skim with a tunze nano 9002 skimmer

Water Parameters:
Average temp: 79
pH: 8.4
average nitrate level: 5
Calcium: I dont know, lost my color comparison sheet
kH: Dont know either
specific gravity: 1.024

Corals: - I have a mushroom coral that hitchhiked on my rock, dont know the exact species but its brown

Fish: Not for a while

Invertebrates: I have 6 (scratch that, 7) anstrea snails (i bought 6, put 6 in my tank, next day i found 7, no idea how....) and 6 blue legged hermits (no special duplicating with them)

Feeding: schedule, type, plankton, methods: I put a small sheet of that algae stuff for my clean-up crew

Maintenance:: water change volume and frequency, salt mix type, equipment, RO filter type or water source: I change 15-25% a week, i use reef crystals salt and maintain it at 1.024 S.G using a milwaukee refractometer, and i have my own RO/DI filter which i obviously use.

Comments: - Started not that long ago, plan on a mainly lps reef with a few zoas here and there and a few shrooms here and there. I want torch, candy cane, frogspawn, bubble, and brain, it might not work but that is what i want, not what i know i will get.

My camera is charging, i will be back with updated pictures, all i have now are old pictures of a cloudy tank.... Spent 7 months researching and i feel that i am ready for a FOWLR but still need to get some experiance before i go with reef.

Tank - Rekord96

Volume - 100l approx

Filtration - 11kg of premium caribbean live rock, eheim ecco 2236 external filter, koralia 1 powerhead

Lighting - x4 compact T5 (x2 white x2 actinic)

No refugium but one planned for new year

Substrate - Reefbase aragonite (minimal - only 2mm deep)

Theme - will be a home for a pair of common clowns when completed - natural is my only ever theme!

Skimmer - red sea prism

Water- Ph - 8 in the morning 8.3 by lights out
temp - 26c
nitrate - constant 0
sg - 1.024

corals - African bush coral, 3 small green zoos

fish - none yet

inverts - turbo snail x2
dwarf scarlet hermit crab x2
skunk cleaner shrimp x1
green bubble tip anemone x1

hi im a friend of mutantbigman2000 he recommended i join this forum
to gain experience through others and for help with any questions i may have..

my details are...

Aqua medic Chromis tank. (30 Gallons)
Aqua medic ocean light 150w halide...The Halide has been modded to include a T5 36watt actinic pc with reflector also.
A deluxe Skimmer...switched on.
Fluval 305 external filter.
Hydor Koralia Nano.
15g of live rock.
Coral sand.
Instant ocean salt.

Adam's bin helping me alot to get to this point..im just waiting for the water to stable..

My readings for the last week have been..

29/11/08 Ph -8.4
Ammonia -0.0
Nitrate -0ppm
Nitrate -5.0

01/12/08 Ph -8.4
Ammonia -0.0
Nitrate -0ppm
nitrate -5.0

03/12/08 Ph -8.4
Ammonia -0.0
nitrate -0ppm
Nitrate -0ppm

07/12/08 Ph -8.4
Ammonia -0.0
Nitrate -0ppm
Nitrate -oppm

maybe cuc's in this week...

hoping for some guidance so adam doesnt keep feeling the wrath of my texts etc...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back