tetra's

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lindac

Reaction score
I have a few neon tetra's and few serpae tetra's and the serpae tetra's seem to be chasing the neon's. When I bought them I asked in the shop if they would be ok together. They were fine for the first day now the neon's keep hiding in the tank.

Also can you keep gourami's with tetra's?

Lindac :wub:

Serpae tetras can be a bit on the nippy side, if you have the room try adding more neons to spread the nippyness around a bit more and be sure to provide plenty of hiding places in the tank. Plants are good for this, a bit of valisneria or hornwort perhaps?

HTH

:)

I agree that if you add a few more neons to your tank the serpae will be out numbered and a little less likely to pick on your neons, and rather pick on each other, we were told the same thing about tiger barbs, ours sometimes have a go at our tetras, but are outnumbered by 12 of them so tend to stick to picking at each other, we have 1 gourami in our tank also, nippy fish like the sounds of those probly arent a good match for a gourami as they are quite shy fish and shock easily, our female picked on our male gourami and he just went into a state of shock, wouldnt eat - hid at the bottom and eventually died :/ :(
nippy fish arent a good combination with larger fish as they will nip and rip at their fins, especially shy fish like the gourami.
try getting a few more neons or another more passive breed of tetra(we have glowlights and black neons) and see how that goes

:thumbs:

Starry^

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back