Tetras Stopped Eating Flakes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

xevious

Reaction score
I have a relatively new tank with 4 Priscilla tetras, 4 white clouds and a feeder goldfish that i have had for 3 years.

Everything was fine until a few days ago when i tried feeding them all some blood worms. the white clouds and tetras ate them just fine but the goldfish didnt like them at all.

Now the tetras don't eat the flakes that i feed everyone on a regular basis. they would put them in their mouths but split out the flakes. i figure that i need to wait it out until they become hungry enough to eat the flakes.

What should i do?

a friend of mine told me that his tetras did this after he fed them on brine shrimp that he had hatched out. The tetras didn't eat the flakes (which they normally loved) for almost a week. Eventually they came round and started eating them again. Now he doesn't feed them for 2 days before he uses brine shrimp and leaves it 3 days afterwards before putting flakes back in. Not had a problem since then. So they should eat again eventually.

Not personal experience but advice given to me based on someone else' experience.

Think the tetras have just enjoyed being spoiled with the bloodworms, they will eat again when they are ready and hungry , i fed mines a pea once and it got to the stage they would not eat anything for ages , i had been spoiling them with brine shrimp etc, ok once a week or twice as a treat , , , don't worry they will get hungry again..... :good:

Hi xevious and welcome to TFF!

I agree, let them get hungry enough and they'll eat anything!

How did you go about cycling your tank and preparing the biofilter?

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back