Tetras and Blue Ram only eating the "sinking wafers" meant for my Corydoras

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TamarackTTC

Reaction score
My Neon Tetras and Blue Ram don't even gor for the flake anymore. They just wait for me to feed the wafers to the Cory's and then eat from those. Is this ok?

It will be fine but make sure to stop feeding flake so there is no excess food, and feed enough sinking wafers for all your fish.

My discus eating algae wafer too, stop feeding them flake just let them eat what their like.

Blue Rams usually prefer to stay and eat at the bottom.
Also, they don't like to eat from the top as they don't want to expose themselves to attack.
But once in a while they will eat from the top when they are very hungry.

I guess Neon Tetras which prefer mid to bottom level of the tank are also the same.

If you want them to eat the flakes, firstly make sure they are aware that you are giving them food when you put the flakes into the tank.
Or you can add some top level fish like Guppies to encourage them to eat from the top.

Also, take note that Blue Ram is a picky eater.

You can read about fish preferred level here:

My Zebra danios will occasionally eat alage wafers meant for shrimp. Just stop feeding them the flakes.

My cory didn't seem to like the waffers I feed them either. I tried Tetra Pro Cory Waffers but they just sat on the bottom even my neon, red eye,ember and glowlight tetras ignored them. I bought Wardley Shrimp pellets for bottom feeders and my cory really liked them :wub:

Try putting your flakes in a container/cup of tank water then dump that in the tank, this will saturate the flakes and cause them to sink, rams and tetras are mid- bottom dwelling and feeding fish plus the wet flake is easier for fish to digest. One can also buy sinking cichlid pellets, they come in different sizes for different sized cichlids for rams get the smallest size, omega one is an excellent brand that will also enhance fish color, your neons will also eat these as will your cories.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back