Tetra Shoaling

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BadBadger

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've got a group of rummynose tetra, and was wondering what would happen if i added a group of cardinals. Would they all shoal together or would there be two seperate shoals?

Cheers

Unless the tank is quite small, or the groups are particularly small, they will spend most of the time minding their own business and not mixing much, in my experience.

The tanks 180l and i was thinking 20 of each. Would prefer them not to shoal together. I might just stick with the rummy's and add another 20 of them.

Cheers

I think that they would mix in a tank that size. :good: for getting such large schools!

I'll stick with the rummy's then i reckon. i think 40 sounds like a good number. or maybe more :eek: ?

Cheers

I like to have 25-30 schoolers in a 3 ft tank (200 litres), 30-40 in a 4 ft, 50-60 in a 5 ft, etc.

Get whatever you think looks best, you are already over all the minimums I have seen, at 20.

In my 30g, all I had were rummy and cardinals. Sometimes they school together and sometimes not. When they did school together, they were still beside their own kin, example: all the cardinals would follow behind the rummy's and vice versa. It looked really nice. Plus, cardinals add so much colour to a tank!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back