Tetra - one or more types

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Copper Harlequins? Mid Level shoaling, peaceful, movement......The copper colour really pops in the Espei.
I wouldn't want to mix asia w south america though ofcourse call me a hypocrite cause both the bamboo shrimp and snail are asian. also i had harlequins past five years and never ever would i mix them with hatchetfish
They are a nightmare

I can understand that, I used to think like that about creating a biotope but in the end I found it too limiting to what I wanted in the tank so I gave up in the end. I completely get why you would want to do that though.
Seeing as we’re struggling to find the right fish, how about a slightly different approach? If you’re looking for a more dynamic look with greater movement, how about changing up your scope a little? Perhaps re-scaping and opening it out, even introducing different plants and subtle change in flow to create movement. Just a thought.

I think the rummy nose might be nice, will depend on how they look in the shop.
However you may not be wrong about changing something. I already added one more echinodorus on the left side ground, will take some time to grow.
The naias is chock full of green algae. I was considering getting it all out, maybe dip in peroxide bath and see.
But what else could i put in the mid level for the tetras to dart in?
I had the same bad experience with hornwort. Loads of floating debris from the wood, chock-full of algae.

Hmm, I took most of the naias out (and I reckon I will never ever take all of it out), I did a 50% water change, vacuumed debris under the wood and experimentally put in my brazillian pennyworth from the other tank here
What do you think, is this better?

Attachments

• 1669492977459.jpg
    1669492977459.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 11
Hmm, I took most of the naias out (and I reckon I will never ever take all of it out), I did a 50% water change, vacuumed debris under the wood and experimentally put in my brazillian pennyworth from the other tank here
What do you think, is this better?
Yes I think that’s massively better 👍

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back