Tetra Fry?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I was looking into my 55 gallon tetra tank tonight and was surprised to see this fry.:yahoo: I have shoals of neon, ember and glow light tetra in the tank. I am not sure but I think it is a glow light tetra. The only other tetra in the tank is 1 red eyed tetra that was a fry that I found two weeks after I gave away all my red eyed tetras well over a month and 1/2 ago . :kana: I had noticed my male glow lights chasing after the females lately. :wub:

Attachments

• GEDC1195.JPG
    GEDC1195.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 130
  • GEDC1196.JPG
    GEDC1196.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Looks like a glow light to me!

Yeah id say its a glowlight :) brill news. obviously nice and safe in you floating hornwort :fish:
He is just over 1/2 inch long so I think he is safe since the biggest fish in the tank is the red eyed tetra. Earlier last week I thought I saw something small darting around the moss balls. I have been trying to have the conditions just right for the tetras. Still hope the neon or ember will have a few fry. I did a large water change and warmed the water up like they said on the web and kept the light off most of the day. That worked with the red eyed tetra too .

He is just over 1/2 inch long so I think he is safe since the biggest fish in the tank is the red eyed tetra. Earlier last week I thought I saw something small darting around the moss balls. I have been trying to have the conditions just right for the tetras. Still hope the neon or ember will have a few fry. I did a large water change and warmed the water up like they said on the web and kept the light off most of the day. That worked with the red eyed tetra too .
Really good sign that is if you have fry, its showing youve created the right environment for them :) fair play to ya :drinks:

Wow ! You know your business. In my neck of the woods getting any kind of Tetra fry has always been a feather in your cap.
Thanks, I hope a few more will show up, would like around 16, they are a nice looking fish and 1/2 the size of the red eyed tetra. How is your breeding project coming along?

Yeah id say its a glowlight :) brill news. obviously nice and safe in you floating hornwort :fish:
He stays in there as long as the tank lights are on but as soon as I turn them off he comes out and sits on the edge by the aquarium glass just like in the pictures. He does this every night and only swims back into the hornwort when I get too close to him.

He stays in there as long as the tank lights are on but as soon as I turn them off he comes out and sits on the edge by the aquarium glass just like in the pictures. He does this every night and only swims back into the hornwort when I get too close to him.
Hopefully have some little buddies soon to play with :)

The Glow light tetras are racing around the tank again, out of 10 I have at least 4 females which are big and round. The males are chasing them so I have been leaving the tank light off longer in the morning. :fish:

Last edited:
I found a 2nd tetra fry :yahoo:hiding out in the floating hornworth after I had vacuumed and did a water exchange on the tank. He looks like the same size but I can not tell for sure if he is a glow light tetra because I could only see his top and not the side.:fish:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back