Tetra eggs?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kelp23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Last night I noticed one of my neon's looked very plump and was swimming strangely like she/he was doing a little dance. I expected to find a dead neon this morning. However, all neons are back to normal size and swimming around normally. There are however some deposits on the floor of my tank that weren't there yesterday and look like tiny shards of opaque glass.. I've attached a pic. Do you think my neon could have laid eggs? They are scattered all over the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_20200811_102608.jpg
    IMG_20200811_102608.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 87
Not sure what those are exactly but not tetra eggs

They look like cory eggs, can not really scale them for sure but I have several types of tetra including neon in my tetra tank and the eggs I have seen are very small.

They look like cory eggs, can not really scale them for sure but I have several types of tetra including neon in my tetra tank and the eggs I have seen are very small.
not cory eggs. Cory eggs are super round and often stuck to glass or plants.

They are pretty small but I don't have Cory's so that would be impressive . They aren't in a group, they are just scattered asking the bottom but no one is trying to eat them. I've not noticed them until today so I'll just leave them alone and see what happens. The only other egg layers (that I know of) that I have in there are the minnows.

Do you have a nerite snail?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back