Tetra behavior -stress or illness

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The main tank is the quarantine. I bought all fish at the same store and there was nothing else that can become sick from the fish in the main tank. Why would I quarantine?
It says until Monday I had….and then since Monday…and a longer list…if the new fish are ill and they are all in one tank the chances are they will all have been in contact with the same bugs…

Last edited:
Yeah, until Monday I had rasboras in the tank, i removed them on Monday and instead added the 15, 15 and 20. Will have to keep an eye on ich due to the hatchetfish being wild caught. Though they were quarantined by the buyer. Will see

So, i think safe to say, it is either stress behavior or normal. Since last update, i now have 3 fish that are hanging out at the surface, 3 that are hanging out near the surface in the large anubias plant, 6 are trailing at the very bottom, following the corydoras and their pellet, and few other groups here and there in the middle.

Can't say the top surface dwelling ones are always the same, they look like the result of overeating too. They have no problem feeding from surface directly and those three specifically are not pale at all, no sign of illness.

Found other posts in other forums about embers doing this, so i guess we are all ok.

I do need to up the numbers later on, 20 is like nothing in this volume. Also the hatchetfish are not bothered or threatened by the surface dwelling tetras at all.

So far am cautious still, but very much loving my stocking

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back