Tetra AS1 vs. AS2 air stones

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

skiltrip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Recently I placed an order with a mailorder company. I ordered a package to two airstones, and they sent me the Tetra AS1's instead of the AS2's. The AS1's are supposed to be for undergravel filters, while the AS2's are for general aeration.

I wanted airstones for general aeration. Does anyone know if these AS1's will work fine for general aeration, or is there something special about them that makes them only fit for use with undergravel filters?

- Kip

id have said airstones are airstones........as long as bubbles come out it doesnt matter....its only to airate the water

Tek :fish:

perhaps the shape is a little different and that's the only REAL difference.

i figured airstones were airstones and it would make no difference. I'll go with it!

- kip

i think what it is......is it small n round like a cylinder???

these are undergravel filter ones...but....only coz they fit in the airlift tube.....u can use them as a normal airstone if u like

Tek :fish:

Thank you! Yeah, the seem a little slimmer than the normal blue standard airstones. Thanks for the helpful info!

- Kip

hahahaha i beat you :p

yayyyyyyy my fishy rating has gone up to 4!!!!!!

come on fishy number 5!!!

Tek :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

At what point does your fishy rating go up to 3? How many do you need? I am assuming 100 posts. :D I'm almost there!

- kip

The AS1 will produce a finer mist of bubbles than the general purpose AS2.

The finer the bubbles, the more water is moved. Other than that.....no difference.

CM

So by moving more water, will this create more turbulance in the tank than the AS2 would?

It's going into a 15H gallon by the way.

- kip

Hi skiltrip

Yes by moving more water there will be more turbulance.

BTW did you get back to the mail order company and get them to send you what you ordered?

For an item that cost 99 cents, it's not really worth it to me. It'll just go in my box of "stuff i don't need right now but might need one day" stuff, if i can't use it. Just wondering if it should go in that box or if i should just use them anyway.

- kip

Actually, it's just the opposite.

Finer bubbles = a mist like action

This will not create more turbulance, but the finer bubbles will break the surface of the water thus releasing more harmful gases and allowing a greater amount of O2 into the water column.

An airstone that produces larger bubbles will actually create more turbulance.

Hope this cleared things up.

CM

teknikz said:
hahahaha i beat you :p

yayyyyyyy my fishy rating has gone up to 4!!!!!!

come on fishy number 5!!!

Tek :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:
off topic but tekniz u will need to have 500 post to get 5 fishy ratings, but that dosn't reli matter! i mean who cares!? :lol:

Kevin

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back