Test Kits

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Andi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I currently test for ammonia, ph (broad) nitrItes & nitrAtes.

The nitrItes kit is crystal (was white now pink) and not very old. NitrAtes is liquid (3 bots) the others are tabs :(

I understand 'strips' are fast and easy for regular tests with more accurate ones if changes are found.

I'm not lazy (well all right maybe) but am looking for fast, easy and more accurate test kits. Maybe my eyes are going but it is very difficult to get accurate readings.

On the super lazy front, is there a product on the market that gives constant readings? that can be left in the tank?

I believe there is one which you can connect up to a computer. Our american friends being lightyears ahead of us in technology :) can probably tell us a bit more if you ask really nicely B)

Thanks William.....

pretty please you guys :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . I have broadband now so was planning to leave me lil ol pc on all day.

The test strips arent more accurate, probably less, but theyr just like a quick guide.

U can get a pH meter where u just dip the end in and get a digital reading, but i think theyr like £60-£70 :crazy: :crazy:

i seen a digitalmeter thingie for 50 in one of my lfs! cant remember whichone i saw it in! meant to be very accurate... :thumbs:

seen those , there dead expensive, i use the tabs, could do with the strips
easier, a lot of messing about with the tabs, ;)

tabs, yukkkk

from what I've heard tabs are ok for a mature tank but not very accurate so you need a fall back - liquid is easier than tabs but with xmas coming up would not mind splashing out on an all singing all dancing leckythingy. ;)

yes tabs are messy, would'nt mind a elecy thingy myself :lol:

I think you can get battery operated ones too slt ;)

Kewl cry :D

Anyone know what TDS and Conductivity are ? :/

ONE PROBE FOR pH, CONDUCTIVITY & TDS

physics lol Solids dissolved in the water are collectively called the total dissolved solids or TDS
Conductivity measures how well the water sample conducts an electrical current, a property which is proportional to the concentration of ions in solution
read it here !
with help from my sister she the physics expert lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back