Test Kits Results!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

garybuk

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So i was wondering if somebody's could come up with a list of test and what the results shud be

e.g nitrate , nirite , kh , ph , calcium most of them really??

Would this be possible for someone to do! ok i no nitrate shud be 0 but good to add :)

it appears you wandered into the saltwater section Jen....

lol oops so i have well take no notice of me then anyways its l8!!! brain starting 2 misfunction :p

soz again

jen

ammonia=0
nitrite=0
nitrate=0 or as close to zero as possible
ph= 8.1-8.4

Kh 9deg-12deg (not sure what that is in meg but someone else im sure will know)
CA 400-450
Phosphate - 0 (0r as close as you can get)
Magnesium 1300-1500ppm
PH 8.0-8.3 (more important to have a stable reading in this range rather than the optimum 8.3)
ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 0 (ideally 0 but get it down to as close as you can)

Also dont forget that if some of your readings are out they can have a knock on effect to other chemicals such as if your KH is low its likely your PH will drop so dont just think i'll put a PH buffer in as it will likely have no effect if the KH is low (now time to read that back to myslef to make sure it makes sense! :lol:)

Kh 9deg-12deg (not sure what that is in meg but someone else im sure will know)
CA 400-450
Phosphate - 0 (0r as close as you can get)
Magnesium 1300-1500ppm
PH 8.0-8.3 (more important to have a stable reading in this range rather than the optimum 8.3)
ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 0 (ideally 0 but get it down to as close as you can)

Also dont forget that if some of your readings are out they can have a knock on effect to other chemicals such as if your KH is low its likely your PH will drop so dont just think i'll put a PH buffer in as it will likely have no effect if the KH is low (now time to read that back to myslef to make sure it makes sense! :lol:)

Thanks thats perfect!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back