Test Kit

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

norky99

Reaction score
What's a good water testing kit that will test both Ammonia And Nitrates level as my new tank is still sitting there with no fish as I still haven't had a chance to test the water. Also apart from a water change what can a get to help sort the water levels out.

ps Can you get a small pump that will pump the water out quicker than my little jug as the way my tank is setup its a pain when it comes to do a water change

Is the tank a new setup? If there is no fish in your tank or you have not added any ammonia to cycle your tank you won't really need to test your water yet and I suggest you read up on fishless cycling, there is lots of info on the forum that will help you. API Freshwater Master Test Kit is a good kit tho.

There is lots of external pumps you could use for water changes, I use a eheim compact which works great!

Without doubt sailferts test kit are as accurate you will find for home hobby at a low price range

What's a good water testing kit that will test both Ammonia And Nitrates level as my new tank is still sitting there with no fish as I still haven't had a chance to test the water. Also apart from a water change what can a get to help sort the water levels out.

ps Can you get a small pump that will pump the water out quicker than my little jug as the way my tank is setup its a pain when it comes to do a water change
Api freshwater master kit is the most recommended on this site to hobby keepers. you need PH , Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate. The middle 2 being most important to you right now.
Please read the beginners section if you haven't already as being fish-less you are in the best possible position to make a stellar and lasting entrance to fish-keeping.
Welcome, and ask lots of questions.. Please.

As for pumps. that depends on location.. US or UK. ??

Am in the UK and the tank is a juwel trigon 350
it's a new setup and it did have a big pleco in it that seemed ok but after putting in a few real plants he seemed to get a bad fin rot so tuck him out. At the moment am using the internal filter that came with it and a fluval 205 till I can get the funds to buy a Tetratec EX 1200. When I get into night i will look at them guides

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back