Territorial Electric blue acara (its gotten worse)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stefan3289

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I have a 75 gallon tank with
2 ebas
2 blue acaras
2 severums
1 synodontis

(All of them are juveniles except the catfish).

I posted a thread about this last time, describing how one of the ebas them chased the other acaras and was territorial. Well now, it has gotten worse.

He has started to attack all the fish, as he puffed his gills and even went after the severums, one of which fought back. I have currently taken him out the tank and put him into a temporary tank. I am thinking of returning him as without him inside there have been no fights the past half hour and the one acara who he chased after the most is out of her hiding place and swimming.

I tried adding in another plant and rearranged the tank two weeks ago to "break up the territory" with the plants and decoration but nothing seems to work.

If anyone has any suggestions or agrees with me returning him let me know.

Are the EBA trying to breed? If its a male and female pair and they have laid eggs or have designated a spot to do so theyll violently defend that area of the tank.

If you are not interested in the EBA breeding than yes it may be wise to return the problem fish. As @utahfish explained in his post this very well could be the issue, it certainly sound like it to me

I do not believe he is trying to breed as the other eba is a male. The only female acara is the blue acara which he targets the most. He chases everyone in the tank so I do not believe he is breeding and most of the tine hangs out at the top of the tanker rather than the bottom.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back